• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5600+ or 5000+ be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

I'm heading to microcenter tomorrow to get all the stuff to build my new machine (prefer to buy stuff in a store with cash makes life easier for me lol)

they only have two cpus with is it the 1mb cache 5600+ or 6400+ be (which puts me out of my price range) so i'm debating between a 5600+ or a 5000+ be
is there a huge difference between then gaming wise?
5600+ is 40 bucks more.

The 5600+ most likely has a better potential for a greater overclock, but that is not a guarantee.

The Windsor 5600 comes with 1M of cache per core. Someone once stated, it takes a Brisbane oced 200Mhz higher to compete with it.

5600+ running mine at 3.3 with out problem 1.5-.1.55V max. gay d9s keep craping out only thing stopping me and maybe weak HTT need new mobo could go faster. price on the 5600+ has not changed in bout 4 months so that says something when all the others drop in price.

I would get a 5600+ any day over a 5000+BE.

if you get the 5600+ make sure is a CZBOX thats the F3.

i wonder how far i can get the 5600+ on stock cooling lol. After a few months ill save up and purchase a water cooling unit i think always wanted one. So i decided to stick with stock cooling (or if i got that BE i was just gonna get one fo them plain jane fan+heatsinks at microcenter). Till i get some cash for water cooling i think.

I got my 5000BE to 3.2 easy, and could probably go farther with a better HS. I plan on purchasing one the moment I get out to the store.

Score wise the BE is very fast. I guess it comes down to this. Easy OC? Go with the BE. If you get yourself a good MB, the 5600 will probably be a better choice.

I hear AMD is not doing so good... I've been following the Phenom or what ever it is, and even though its a true 4 core CPU, it can't compete.

When I buy a new CPU or motherboard with new features, I try to future proof myself. So that said, I would get the better one. 5600+.

thx for the advice.

By the way i'm planning on buying a GA-M57SLI-S4 nForce 570 SLI AM2 ATX Motherboard
gigabyte.

the only board other then that aroudn the same price was a msi. But, i prefer gigabyte and its only 10 bucks more plus i get sli if i ever want to get a 2nd 8600gt and find one for a nice cheap price.

That's nuckin futs :welcome: The 2.3 Phenom is slightly faster than the 5600 at compute speed but the 5600 will oc enough to surpass what the phenom can do by a good margin. Also while the phenom may only have 512K per core but 2M of L3 is available to single core apps.

im too lazy to link it but tomshardware had a big article of the ocing ability of the 5000+ be. they said that there was only a 2-2.5% difference between the 6400+ and a c2d. i think they got like 3.6 or 3.8 out of the 5000+ be. of course this is all dependent on the memory and the mobo. hope this helps, have a good one!

Yogurt

edit: cant remember which core it was, but the 5000+ be was/is based on one of the cores that oc'd quite well. its different then the core of the 6000+ and 6400+ be. i believe it also uses less power, i wanna say like 65w or something.

edit: cant remember which core it was, but the 5000+ be was/is based on one of the cores that oc'd quite well. its different then the core of the 6000+ and 6400+ be. i believe it also uses less power, i wanna say like 65w or something.

ya it uses 65w at stock speed. you bump it up and the wattage goes up.

wow after reading the review at tomshardware of the be overclock. I think i'm going with that. For the price its nice. very nice performance.

you could hit 3.2 with your BE or could do it with the 5600+. the 5600+ will still be faster and it will run u about 40 bucks more.
if your really going to try to push that BE that hard i hope u have the stuff that will let u. i would hate to see u spend money and not get what u want then have to spend more money to get what u want in speed.

hmmm very good point.
I guess 5600+ is the better option can probly get the same speeds and i'll have more cache anyways. After looking up the be with a nice heatsink would still cost me the same as 5600+ stock (stock for now at least).

That's nuckin futs :welcome: The 2.3 Phenom is slightly faster than the 5600 at compute speed but the 5600 will oc enough to surpass what the phenom can do by a good margin. Also while the phenom may only have 512K per core but 2M of L3 is available to single core apps.

Thanks! Looks like a great forum so far...

A bunch of cool guys... Thanks for the welcome!

Back