• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I say no to this???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dawgdoc

Looking into new GPUs and here is what I have to think about so far......

Used 8800 GTX 768mb stock. $300 shipped. In good working order.

Brand new in box 8800 GTX "factory OC" 768mb. $380 shipped but I maybe can get the guy to drop like $20ish or so (I think).

Brand new 8800 GTS 512mb G92 core factory OC (XFX Alpha Dog) for $330 + shipping.

I dont think I can say NO to an 8800 GTX for $300 shipped.....ANY reason anyone can think of that I shouldnt jump all over that??

$300 shipped is pretty good. plus i know what your goign to be doing to it ;) - i would go for the 384bit (GTX) interface over the 256bit (g92 GTS) cause yours is going to be getting very *very* cold :)

Looking into new GPUs and here is what I have to think about so far......

Used 8800 GTX 768mb stock. $300 shipped. In good working order.

Brand new in box 8800 GTX "factory OC" 768mb. $380 shipped but I maybe can get the guy to drop like $20ish or so (I think).

Brand new 8800 GTS 512mb G92 core factory OC (XFX Alpha Dog) for $330 + shipping.

I dont think I can say NO to an 8800 GTX for $300 shipped.....ANY reason anyone can think of that I shouldnt jump all over that??

You don't play games?

It's being sold by a guy named 'Fast Eddie' ?

You don't have $300?

You are interested in the 9800GX2?

Those are the ones I can think of :p

he has a tek-9, and not one of the skinny ones :) - try fitting that between a 9800...

i like the idea of a $300 GTX (new)

So do I but the $300 one is used.....

The new one is factory OC and $380 shipped.

Thinking about it a bit more, does the new one for $380 come with warranty? What manufacturer, if so?

i think XFX has a double lifetime warrenty... meaning that the original owner has a lifetime warrenty and if the original owner sells it that person also gets the lifetime warrenty. if so go with the cheaper one.

i think XFX has a double lifetime warrenty... meaning that the original owner has a lifetime warrenty and if the original owner sells it that person also gets the lifetime warrenty. if so go with the cheaper one.

You are 100% correct. The 2ble lifetime warranty would indeed apply to me should I decide to purchase that card.

Why are we talking warranty on cards that will be going subzero and probably getting voltmodded?

Unless I'm outta the loop and warranties cover stuff like that nowadays (like x6800's and qx's).

Why are we talking warranty on cards that will be going subzero and probably getting voltmodded?

Unless I'm outta the loop and warranties cover stuff like that nowadays (like x6800's and qx's).

NO NO NO....This is not correct!! It is NOT probably going to be voltmodded!

It is DEFINITELY going to be voltmodded :D

Yea the warranty really doesnt mean squat in this situation now that I think about it.

NO NO NO....This is not correct!! It is NOT probably going to be voltmodded!

It is DEFINITELY going to be voltmodded :D

Yea the warranty really doesnt mean squat in this situation now that I think about it.

Heh, I actually edited the word "probably" in afterwards because it wasn't a given based on the conversation here. I had assumed since there is no real point to subzero at stock volts. :p

Yea its all good Im just bustin' chops :)

I made a paypal payment for the $300 used one.

Will be shipped out tomorrow. No heat on the guy but he has about 15 or so transactions via OCN over the past year with like 10 in the past 6 months. All positive feedback.

:D

Hey Dawgdoc,

Just to point something out about the below quote.

I had assumed since there is no real point to subzero at stock volts.

As you know I still haven't had my card modded, but on stock "cool" air the very max I can get on the core is 729.
Still on stock volts, when I drop the core down to -70 or more the new max is 837.

This time around you should really try it stock first and then see how much more the vgpu gives you. you would all so have something to show for all your hard work if something goes wrong with the mods.

I do plan on going stock first no doubt :)

BUT......I also 100% plan on having it voltmodded as well :D

Crazy ******** :p V-modding your expensive *** gfx cards.. dropping the temps sub zero using insane cooling methods like dice and LN2.. you're seriously crazy you know that?

And Im so damn jealous.

BTW Deanzo, if you're reading this, where abouts do you get your LN2 from? They used to sell it at the gas company down hillside rd, but they dont seem to anymore.. anywhere else I can get it from in Dunedin do you think?

Crazy ******** :p V-modding your expensive *** gfx cards.. dropping the temps sub zero using insane cooling methods like dice and LN2.. you're seriously crazy you know that?

And Im so damn jealous.

BTW Deanzo, if you're reading this, where abouts do you get your LN2 from? They used to sell it at the gas company down hillside rd, but they dont seem to anymore.. anywhere else I can get it from in Dunedin do you think?

I get it from the University, but in Dunedin you may have to use BOC and they are a rip off!!

And what so crazy about this ?

Back