• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st RAID0 --- I'm happy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pietpara

Registered
Just installed for first time in my life a RAID0 using two Samsung HD501LJ's in Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit on the Marvell 6121 onboard RAID controller.

Using HD Tach I get amazing speeds of 125 MB/s average. So I am happy with that after all the stuff I've read on many websites and forums about RAID not being all that faster.

I still wonder though, since Windows doesn't boot noticably faster, nor do any other apps. Maybe I´ll notice during video editing.

Great stuff!
Pietpara

Just installed for first time in my life a RAID0 using two Samsung HD501LJ's in Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit on the Marvell 6121 onboard RAID controller.

Using HD Tach I get amazing speeds of 125 MB/s average. So I am happy with that after all the stuff I've read on many websites and forums about RAID not being all that faster.

I still wonder though, since Windows doesn't boot noticably faster, nor do any other apps. Maybe I´ll notice during video editing.

Great stuff!
Pietpara
Video editing you might get a nice boost, but day to day, you won't see much performance increase as others would have you believe.

Back