• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older 360 Games Worth Buying?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twigglish

Im looking for some of the older 360 games that are worth buying and usually found cheap. Im about to buy Table Tennis and Gun for like $9 each on Amazon. Ive had them both previously, and figured why not spend the $10 and play them again. Im about to have a lot of time on my hands with my 360 and wont be able to do much with my computer, so Im looking for some games to spend a lot of time on.

edit: even some original xbox games that are compatible on the 360 would do.

Im looking for some of the older 360 games that are worth buying and usually found cheap. Im about to buy Table Tennis and Gun for like $9 each on Amazon. Ive had them both previously, and figured why not spend the $10 and play them again. Im about to have a lot of time on my hands with my 360 and wont be able to do much with my computer, so Im looking for some games to spend a lot of time on.

edit: even some original xbox games that are compatible on the 360 would do.
Stuntman ignotion 2, Spiderman 2, Hulk game, forza, halo 1 & 2, those come to mind for their age.

there's a few games worth buying... including old xbox games..

Black, Burnout 3, Forza, Halo 1/2, GTA San Andreas,

Games which should be cheap - Fable, DoA Ultimate, Dead to Rights, Jet Set Radio 2, Max Payne, Mortal Kombat, Outlaw Gold/Tennis/Volleyball, Prince Of Persian, Rainbow Six Lockdown, The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction,

just go by this list

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

and there's some older launch title era 360 games also that are interesting.. but with over 280 360 games to choose from its kinda hard

but my choices would be..

Rainbow Six Vegas, Ghost Recon 1 and 2, NFS Most Wanted, COD 1 and 2, F.E.A.R, DoA 4, Crackdown (Now platinum Hits), Saints Row, Just Cause, Lost Planet...

Psychonauts, Prey. Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary, Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising,

Last edited:
i picked up crackdown for pretty cheap its fun, i didnt know lost planet is a cheapo one so i may check it out next

Ninja Gaiden is backwards compatible. I picked it up a few months back and having never played it before, was blown away with the gameplay and graphics quality. All three Splinter Cell games are backwards compatible as well, and awesome. Saints Row is a good older 360 game to pick up, especially now being cheap.

I found CrackDown to be pretty fun. Used, its like...15 bucks or so. not too bad. though, it can be kinda short. But, its still fun. even more fun if you have a friend who also has the game, and their own 360. then you can link up, and play co-op which increases the fun factor by about 10!

Also, a game that a friend and i swear by, is Earth Defense Force 2017. Its a low budget title game. but its FUN. Me and him trade games into gamestop all the time. But thats one game neither me or him will get rid of. We have just had too much fun playing it.

Both of the Oddworld games are extremely fun and have a lot of character.

The two are completely different... Main character, gameplay, plot, and even setting to a certain extent are all different. They're both worth playing all the way through at least once.

Munch's Oddysee is set more in the intended main storyline of the world and is a little more of a 3D platformer puzzle solving style.

Stranger's Wrath is a sort of side story with an Odd-Western flavor that features a more brute force combat gameplay that requires a lot of creativity.

I haven't heard anyone mention Ninja Gaiden. The new 'version' one has better graphics yes, but the original is most of the same game with very good graphips. The original version should be cheap and is a must play :)

Ninja Gaiden is backwards compatible. I picked it up a few months back and having never played it before, was blown away with the gameplay and graphics quality. All three Splinter Cell games are backwards compatible as well, and awesome. Saints Row is a good older 360 game to pick up, especially now being cheap.

lol

Try GRAW... the first one. Should be had under ten bucks now.

It's still far more advanced than any other shooter I've seen (hence the name.)

It's not as fun as COD4... don't get me wrong... But it's far more advanced than it's direct counterpart Rainbow Six Vegas.

A lot of people judge it by its PC counterpart, but it's not the same thing.

Things I like about GRAW:

1. When you're lying prone you can roll to the left or right while moving in that direction
2. If you're running across a field and the enemy suddenly starts firing at you, you can immediately drop to your stomach and you'll slide a little bit. Why this wasn't including in every shooter that came after it is beyond me...
3. COD4 has UAV (in multiplayer). GRAW actually lets you CONTROL the UAV. You also get to arrange strategic strikes with tanks and helicopters.
4. Sniping in GRAW is EXTREMELY fun.

There's a lot more to like about this game. It came free with my system so I just put it in a corner somewhere and didn't play it until I had beaten Gears of War and it was the ONLY game that I had left to play.

I was surprised by how in depth and challenging it was. I thought all the Ghost Recon games were boring... but this ain't Ghost recon.

Back