• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which CPU AMD V.S. INTEL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pizzapieguy

Well since the cpu's are around the same price ($225)
Which one is better Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 45nm or the AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Quad-Core

My dilemma, will the quad core be better then the core 2 duo or not.

Things i do:
1) Gaming ( COD4, medal of honor, things like that)
2) Surf the net almost everyday
3) some editing like couple times per month, nothing to big
Also i leave the comp on for like the whole day, turn it off at night
I might put the intel in a shuttle =) Thats a pro for me

Well since the cpu's are around the same price ($225)
Which one is better Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 45nm or the AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Quad-Core

My dilemma, will the quad core be better then the core 2 duo or not.

Things i do:
1) Gaming ( COD4, medal of honor, things like that)
2) Surf the net heavily
3) some editing like couple times per month, nothing to big

I might put it in a shuttle =)
What are your other specs.
If you are willing to, wait until the new revision Phenoms come out. Right now you cannot overclock them very well due to a errata bug. The Revision B3 should show what the phenom's can really do.

the E8400 WILL KILL THE LIVING CRAPOLA outta the phenom. even though its a dual core. the ONLY reason anyone should ever think about getting a phenom is if they already have a full AM2 setup and they are amd fanboys... other than that there it absolutly NO reason.

I wouldn't think that editing a couple of times a month would be worth the performance hit in everything else by going with the Phenom over the E8400. I'd say definitely go with the E8400. They are overclocking to 4Ghz+ on air pretty easily

I wouldn't think that editing a couple of times a month would be worth the performance hit in everything else by going with the Phenom over the E8400. I'd say definitely go with the E8400. They are overclocking to 4Ghz+ on air pretty easily

ya... at 3.8-4ghz im almost positive that the E8400 with only 2 cores can actually do more work than the phenom at 2.3... or its normal oc of a measily 300mhz...

if you build this in april the Q6600 oem cpu will have a MSRP of $224.. that should put the retail one around $240..

if your 50/50 on gaming and editing then definitly the quad. if you spend more time gaming then editing get the dual core with out a dought...

No brainer !
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 45nm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean how can you even compare this to a AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Quad-Core
there is no way that the AMD quad could even hold a candle to the wolfdale !

Assuming ? even if your not going to OC at all a 3.0GHz 45nm wolfdale is a WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better choice than a Phenom . come on !

Well the gap is much closer if you leave them both at stock, the Phenom doesn't overclock much at all. (compared to the new intels). Like everyone has said, you shouldn't be buying AMD atm.

Well the gap is much closer if you leave them both at stock, the Phenom doesn't overclock much at all. (compared to the new intels). Like everyone has said, you shouldn't be buying AMD atm.

Yes but you are talking about a dual core beating a quad ! how can you turn that down?

Back