• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake VS Coolermaster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lightning[983]

Hi,

I put some money on the side for a new case, since i decided to buy one and keep it for more than 6 months :D maybe even a few upgrade cycles...

Now a bit over my price range (but still manageble) are the :
Coolermaster 831
ThermalTake Xaser VI case

I also checked out:
New Thermaltake Armor+
Coolermaster Stacker revision 2.0

Now, i need opinions on what is the best case... not just best best, but considering price as well.

The thing i don't like about Thermaltake's new cases is the HDD cage, so is that a problem or should it be OK anyways?

Oh and if there's some other case (FUll or BIG tower) that you want ot recommend, please do... i really could use some advice :D

Thanx.

Oh and i forgot.
What's the deal with Aluminium cases?

I mean, i know from expirience that it resonates... so how bad is it when combined with a bunch of fans?

Having a bunch of fans in an aluminum case is really not bad...you really gotta be listening for something real hard to notice.

In regards to a case choice i say the stacker. It's a very good quality case and looks pretty damn nice as well.

I would recommend the CM690 :)

I did a review here on OCF: LINK

You can find this case *very* cheap.

I checked out your review... but since i'm on 56k right now... it was like someone wrote a 56k massacre :D lol

Nevermind... :) its a very nice case, but i kind of need a really BIG case, and i don't really like the way hard drives are mounted (sideways to the front fan)

Also, i found one more nice case... CM Cosmos... a bit expensive...

I checked out your review... but since i'm on 56k right now... it was like someone wrote a 56k massacre :D lol

Nevermind... :) its a very nice case, but i kind of need a really BIG case, and i don't really like the way hard drives are mounted (sideways to the front fan)

Also, i found one more nice case... CM Cosmos... a bit expensive...
If you want large, an 8000 armor (not the really new ones) will work very well. ;)

I've got my CM 831 (Special Edition one, Black with Silver Mesh which I got mighty cheap) coming tuesday .. I'll post up a review of it if that'll help ..

What's the difference between 831 and 831 SE?

Anyways,i've been reading reviews all weekend... and i'm not any closer to what i want to get, than i was 2 days ago :D lol

Here's what i got:

I reall love the design on CoolerMaster's Cosmos, but i don't like the HDD cage and weight
On the other hand the CoolerMaster Stacker 831 is only 10$ more...

Thermaltake's Armor (Old) 8000BWS i think is OK, anyone has any expirience with it?

I think i'm gonna wait for your review of the CM 831 and then decide... i don't really want to rush a decision of a case i'm probably gonna have for a few years...

+1 for the Armor.

great case, Massive, can prett ymuch do what ever you want to it, and fit whaterver you want ot inside it.

Okay, i haven't been here awhile... :)

A friend of mine bought the Armor+, so i went to his place to see if i like it...
I have to say, that its a bit too much plastic for my taste, but i don't realyl care about that.

It has really a lot of room inside, and the HDD cage isn't as bad as it seems.
There's also lots of room for tucking away the extra cables.

My point being, i ordered the Armor+ for 250$ because the CoolerMaster Stacker was only 20$ less... if it were a bigger difference i would have gotten the CM Stacker...

I'll post back when i get it, but it'll probably be a weak or 2 because the company i use don't have it in stock so...

Back