• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black and White 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red_LightRanger

Man i just got this game and i cant put it down. I know its a little old, but its a great game. I chose the wolf in the beginning and im trying the "good" path.
Its kind of funny how your hand/creature changes as you follow good/evil.
So far i havent had to make any armies, just build and build to impress. I tried the first b&w, but i dont think it compares to this one.

I like most traditional rts, but sometimes the army part gets a little boring to me. I like how you can choose to make an army or choose to win by having the most impressive towns. (or you could do both).

Heres a pic of my wolf so far. I like all the things you have to teach him. Right now hes about to weight lift my villagers :)

Any idea of how big they get?

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 175
dx 9 sure has been with us for a long time. Those graphics still look by todays standards. I heard this was one of the few games that used pixel shader 2.0b.

ya the graphics are pretty awesome. I would easily compare them to many games today. The water is impressive imo.

Attachments

• world.jpg
    world.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 174
I tried it and I didnt like it compared to the original black and white. The whole armies thing was something I really did not like.

The pets get pretty big ;) I played B&W2 a ton, the best part was finally beating it, b/c then you start with all the buildings you bought.

The pets get pretty big ;) I played B&W2 a ton, the best part was finally beating it, b/c then you start with all the buildings you bought.

im stuck on level 3 vs the Chinese emperor. I just cant seem to beat his armies or out impress his town. I had a huge 200 man army ready to pummel him and he uses a siren wonder and turned them all against me. Ive also built a lot: I have most of the island covered in my buildings, but he still has more impressiveness than me. Ive even destroyed his wonder :confused:

Ive also had my creature beating him up a lot and hes changed a bit. He no longer makes flowers wherever he walks lol.

Did u win by using armys or building up tour towns?

Attachments

• mean.jpg
    mean.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
What I didn't like from reading about it was the 1-2 dicotomy of good/evil.

Build army and use it? Evil.
Don't? Good.

Really silly, imo.

Damn, I always wanted to play this after I fell inlove with BaW1.. too bad I just dont have the money ><.

Sad thing is, Ive played BaW to the point where I can quote the first 3 lands and the ending of the 5th (final) land D:!.. 4th land sucks hard man. Under constant fireball and storm increase. Lame!

I can't remember why but I didn't like B&W2 as much as the first. Didn't two have no multi player support?

It was fun but it didn't keep me playing long.

That was kinda the idea behind it. Thus BLACK & WHITE ;)

at first it seems like its only one way or the other, but you can actually be a combo of both. My rating is 88%good, but i still use army when i need. Its only when u start killing people that you get evil.

Damn, I always wanted to play this after I fell inlove with BaW1.. too bad I just dont have the money ><.

Sad thing is, Ive played BaW to the point where I can quote the first 3 lands and the ending of the 5th (final) land D:!.. 4th land sucks hard man. Under constant fireball and storm increase. Lame!

no money eh? I bet you could find enough in your couch lol!. Cant beat this price:

http://www.compusa.com/applications...LA 14903&SRCCODE=COMPGOOBDF&CMP=OTC-GPRODUCTS

Back