• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Paged Physical (k) Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

foreverFLASH

Registered
I need some help. If your knowledgeable about memory issues, and can provide me with some solid technical advice, please do. I'd greatly appreciate it.
I recently sent a ticket into Steam Support regarding "Paged Pooled Memory" they call it, or "Paged Physical" memory located in the System Information monitor window under "Kernel Memory (k)".
I was searching through the INSMOD forums, because my game kept crashing and I was looking for a solution to my problem. After much searching, one thread linked me to a Steam article regarding "Paged Pooled Memory". See the ticket article HERE. I read it, and it seemed like a possible problem with a viable solution. I downloaded "process monitor" and followed the instructions.

Turns out, when INSMOD was running, the paged physical value under Kernel Memory (k) in the System Information monitor window was going above 150,000 Kilobytes or 150 MB. The steam article stated that if it goes above 150, it's too high and you need to find out a way to lower it, as it can directly cause a crash in the game. Using process monitor, I tried to kill various processes that I knew were not absolutely necessary, and it did NOT lower the paged physical (k) value. This is where I'm at a loss. I did what they told me, turns out they're right, but how do I fix it now? It might be important to know that I've NEVER had a problem with any of my other games crashing like INSMOD does, except 1 other time with Battlefield Vietnam, so I'm skeptical about this issue with paged physical (k) memory.

Back