• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Won DS Lite. What to Do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tenchi86

So I won a Cobalt Blue DS Lite from some vending machine that was one dollar per play. Took like 10 tries but finally got it. Anyway is there any reason in keeping this thing, such as some great titles. Or so I simply sell it?

DS has a ton of great titles, MarioKart, Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, Elitebeat Agents, Oidan, Zelda to name a few, I'm sure some of the other members can reccomend more games.

MANY good games. The DS Lite is not as powerful as the PSP but is designed MUCH better.

Some of my fav games:

Ace Attorney 1-4
Zelda
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Star Fox
Professor Layton

There are lots of good titles listed, but you should also grab New Super Mario Bros., Super Princess Peach, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! on import, Children of Mana. There are dozens of good titles for the little handheld that could.

Also, congrats on the win! It's always awesome when you win something that cool. I'd kill for that colour scheme, as I don't really care for the champaign coloured one that came in the Zelda bundle.

Just curious. What kind of vending machine was it that you won it in? Was it random, or was it one of those shakey claw games that usually have stuffed animals in them?

It was a game called Stacker. Basically you have to stack blocks to the top and each block has to connect. Of course as you get higher the blocks get faster. After I won I thought of playing again as it seems like the more practice I get on the game the more often I could win. Sadly though when it dispensed the DS the unit was still in the large plastic packaging and couldn't fall threw the shoot completely. I called customer service and they told me to shake the machine and see if I could free it that way, which though it worked it triggered an alarm in the machine and it no longer would let me play.

Anyway, guess I forgot about a few games for it. After seeing some list you guys have put together usually I would keep it for sure, though the new God of War game for the PSP looks so good I may have to follow RedDragons Advice.

Eitherway thanks for the help folks.

It was a game called Stacker. Basically you have to stack blocks to the top and each block has to connect. Of course as you get higher the blocks get faster.

Anyway, guess I forgot about a few games for it. After seeing some list you guys have put togather usually I would keep it for sure, though the new God of War game for the PSP looks so good I may have to follow RedDragons Advice.

Eitherway thanks for the help folks.

Dude.....Tetris! That's great, lol

If you enjoy poker, I highly recommend World Championship Poker. It shouldn't cost you more then $20 and the multiplayer part of the game is worth every penny.

Front Mission is great too. After FM4, it's the only other fix available so far. Really hope they bring FM5 to USA..

There's a port of Battlefield for the DS that actually looks 4 shades of awesome. Also, check out Dementum: The Ward to get your survival horror on.

MANY good games. The DS Lite is not as powerful as the PSP but is designed MUCH better.

Some of my fav games:

Ace Attorney 1-4
Zelda
New Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Star Fox
Professor Layton

It's about as powerful as an n64 (approximation)... just like a psp is about as powerful as a ps2 (approximation).

Back