• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling "windows" key?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrystalMethod

Senior Band Wagon Jumper
I'm pretty sure this belongs in here. Anyone know how to disable the "windows" key temporarily in windows 2000? I keep accidentally hitting it in games, and as soon as I go back into the game I have no sound. It's really annoying, especially when you're diffusing a bomb in CS.:rolleyes:

well I will look but I think you should leave it on cuz all the cool shortcuts. try windows+pause break! you will love being a keyboard overclocker!

Its not really easy to do, there are some drivers you can download to stop it, but i dunno where they are located, 'cause it mod's M$ft drivers and they dont like it. but i know there are some driver out there to do it, you just gotta look.

I know a few people that just rip the Key out of the board. I guess if you never use it it's not a big deal.

you could go dig up a pre windows 95 keyboard. I use to have one on my 486 but the space bar died so I tossed it.

Back