• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

whats better for OCing a 680i SE SLI or a ga-p35-ds3l?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
most likely the DS3L.... p35's are really easy to oc as well as the DS3L has A LOT of ocing options (press ctrl + f1 on the main bios for the extra hiden options)

that being said ocing a quad on that board ur gonna need to replace the TIM on the stock hs and put a 40mm low speed fan on it to keep it cool... but a dualie with mild <375fsb no need to do anything.

most likely the DS3L.... p35's are really easy to oc as well as the DS3L has A LOT of ocing options (press ctrl + f1 on the main bios for the extra hiden options)

that being said ocing a quad on that board ur gonna need to replace the TIM on the stock hs and put a 40mm low speed fan on it to keep it cool... but a dualie with mild <375fsb no need to do anything.

im not sure yet if its gonna get a C2D or a Pentium D. for the timing being its gonna get a single core and if the quad does go in it it will have water on the NB.

do you see any problems with that? and what do u feel would fit this mobo best a Pentium D or a C2D?

PD is a waste of time and power to even use it for a basic rig. A E1200 is a much better cpu and gets to what some PD's cost.

go with the DS3L or the abit IP35-E both are solid for the price.

The DS3L will OC a C2D very well, and will do pretty good on a Q6600 as well. I think the Foxconn P35 MARS is the best board for quads right now, but if on a budget there are a lot of P35 boards that will OC the quad admirably.

From all the reports I've read it seems to be able to push the FSB the farthest, and also OC's RAM very well. I don't have one, but DawgDoc does, and he has had awesome results, and it is supposedly has a very intuitive BIOS.

Back