• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oc'ing my 5000+ BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

henzo

I have had a slight problem lately with trying to bump up my oc. This is what things are running at now:
CPUz.jpg
And my mainboard is:
Mainboard.jpg

Problem is, whenever I try to raise the fsb any higher, it wont boot into windows, I get the bsod right after the xp logo. Now, I was wondering if my memory may be the culprit. I have a 2 gig stick of supertalent ddr2-800 in there, and you can see what it is running at from the pics. Is that the reason why it wont go any higher? I know it is not a temp problem as the cpu never goes above 50 deg farenheit as per coretemp. I have tried to up the voltage a little and it still wouldnt boot.

Last edited:
It's easy to figure out whether ram is the culprit, drop the ram to 660 or 533 in the bios and try again if it boots then your ram can't take it.

Thanks, it seems that the ram was the reason why i got the bsod. Any suggestions on what type of ram oc's well? I kinda need to keep it on the cheaper side of things ( i.e. not a $400 set).

I was looking at a set of Dominators on newegg for about $200. Just 2x1 gig sticks with the cooler though.

Back