• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a reliable SLI-capable board under $150.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bl4ckL15sted

Hello fellow system builders.

I'm new to this whole SLI business and am looking to build a new machine.
I found a nice ASUS P5N-E SLI on newegg, but a lot of people have had many issues like DOA, no POST, in-compatible RAM, low life-span, craptastic customer service, blah blah blah.

Has anyone here had this board? It would be killer if someone here with experience w/ this paricular board can actually say whether or not it is good. I'd like to get it, but am afraid to upon reading all the horror stories written by customers.

If anyone has a suggestion on a board that supports SLI and Core 2 Duo (needs at least 1333 bus speed please) and is under $150, please post it here. If it's higher than $150, convince me that it is worth the extra bones.

Thanks in advance.

you would be better off getting a EVGA/BFG/XFX based NV board. for under $150 you might be able to get a used 680i based board. dont expect it to oc a quad core, if thats what your going after.

Why not? My 680 OC's a quad just fine. May go higher on and intel based board, but this board clocked the CPU 800 over and was folding stable.

that is my main point BAD, is that it wont oced like a intel board would. many for that reason wouldnt take a sli board.

that is my main point BAD, is that it wont oced like a intel board would. many for that reason wouldnt take a sli board.
I Agree here. if you are skipping the 45nm Generation, a used 680I board would be a great deal. Run a Q6600 at 400x8 for a nice even easy 3.2GHZ O/C or 400x9 if your board can handle it along with the chip. :)

I went through the BIOS list and it appears to be behind.

You may be forced to get an E6300 for it to boot.

Back