• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
G2 is better and most recent procs come with G2 core, I am sure you can pick up BE with G2 if you are looking, but why would you do that when you can get them from 4200+.

Why are G2's better? Are they better overclockers than G1's? If I was going to buy a new processor to overclock out of these two (which I'm not) should I pick up the non-BE in this case?

I'm fine with my G1 brisbane fro0m 2.1Ghz at 2.8Ghz stock volts. (I can get it to 3.2 but then that requires 1.6v full load (55-60*C))

The G2 is a newer stepping more tweaked but they do not realese the changlelog on the procs so can't tell what actually changed but saw some doing 3.2g at 1.25v so I would say they could deal with the 65nm leakage a bit better.
If you can do 2.8G then stick with it and wait till 45nm procs come out, would be a waste of cache to change processor for 10% extra performance what you would not even notice.
Dual K10 might worth it depending on price/performance, that we will see this summer but by the end of the year L3 cacheless 45nm quads come out might be cheap and still blow away all AMD has now.

Back