• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Brissy 4200+ G2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psykoikonov

Title says it all...thought I might share how well it's doing. I do not remember the stepping but the week is 0747. I have not tested the full potential yet, lack of time, but it has been up to 3.1Ghz priming at stock volts for an hour without errors and reached 47C. Currently the screenshot below is where I have it for now and full load around 45C. I will say that something doesn't like the 10.5 multiplier....random lockups for no apparent reason, lost bios settings. I assume it is the motherboard. Also the clip for AM2 on the Tuniq Tower leaves abit to be desired, there's nothing to hold it from moving around a fair bit other than pressure. Other than those 2 items I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Last edited:
nice oc's guys, very nice. Stuart, you could probably get more max oc ( in your winter and fall months of course) if you drop your HT Link to under 1000 it is more stable there. Once again, very nice oc's guys.

I choose one as well for a friend and it did not disappoint us, at stock 1.3V 3G was no problem, heat is no issue with these G2s even without a fan on the ninja it did not break 40C.
A good choice for 60$ and spend more on the VGA(s).

11x262s.jpg

Im very impressed with mine too..
ive pushed 3.2ghz, but as summer temps where i live can be high i eased back on the throttle.

You can probably go higher than 3.2GHz if you change your HT link to 3x instead of 4x.

Its becoming unstable due to your 1150+ HT!!

Stock is 1.3v? When I first powered up bios was set for 1.45v so I scanned around and thought that 1.35v was stock. Let me change that now and report back.

To each processor it's own, for example 4400+ G2 can come within the 1.325-1.375 range, the 4200 G2 is not on amdcompare this is the closest I found.

Doing a bit of research yields it is an ADO4200DOBOX, which is not listed on AMD. There is a CUBOX (F1) which is 1.20-1.25V or a DDBOX (G1) which is 1.25-1.35V. I dropped down to 1.31V and priming now at same speed. I guess I'll just keep dropping the voltage till it fails and see how low it will go at 3.025Ghz, then work the speed up from there up.

Update: Primed and been running with no problems at 1.31v 275X11=3.025GHz so I doubt that stock was 1.35v and definetly not 1.45v as originally picked up by mobo. I will probably see how far it will go this weekend but I'm pretty happy with it at the current speed.

I'll post a couple CPU-Z pics after further testing, right now i've got a 4200+ @ 2.8ghz stock volts, retail HSF, some cooler master 390w PSU on an asus m2n32-sli deluxe mobo... great value out of this chip so far!

edit: 3.0ghz @ 1.325v ;)

Last edited:
Psykoikonov, where did you get your chip? I'm waiting for the Brisby 5600+ but if I can grab one now I'd be happy :)

Whats so different from G2 from G1?

The G2s overclock better, while most G1s that I have seen max out around 3Ghz with a lot of effort and voltage, the G2s generally hit 3ghz at near stock voltage and many can get to 3.4 and above on air.

My G1 has got to 2.7Ghz on stock v, but i can't change the vcore because this mobo. Anyone got any volt mods? I'll put it to 1.4v. I have a G-Power cooler, 21 idle, 29 load.

Update:Went to see what was the limit on 1.31V....at 285X11=3.135GHz it would not complete two instances of Super Pi with affinity set. Super Pi at 283X11=3.113GHz did complete two instances (4M) with affinity and temps reaching 45C. I will try upping the voltage another day but with warm temperatures coming pretty sure I'll keep it where it is at 275X11=3.025GHz

On a side note: CPUz v1.44 reports my mem speed as CPU/9=336Mhz, however Memtest 86+ v2.01 reports mem speed as CPU/8=378Mhz. Which is right???

Update:Went to see what was the limit on 1.31V....at 285X11=3.135GHz it would not complete two instances of Super Pi with affinity set. Super Pi at 283X11=3.113GHz did complete two instances (4M) with affinity and temps reaching 45C. I will try upping the voltage another day but with warm temperatures coming pretty sure I'll keep it where it is at 275X11=3.025GHz

On a side note: CPUz v1.44 reports my mem speed as CPU/9=336Mhz, however Memtest 86+ v2.01 reports mem speed as CPU/8=378Mhz. Which is right???

CPUZ is right.

Back