• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"GT200 to become 9900GTX and 9900GX2, launch date set in July"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ghost_recon88

Senior Jedi Master
Source

According to our sources, GT200’s final product name and launch day have been set. Two NVIDIA GeForce card will use the core, they are 9900GX2 and 9900GTX.

It is similar to today’s NV tactic: 9900GX2 just like todays 9800GX2, it is a two GPU product, and 9900GTX is a conventional single GPU product. Source mentions that both cards will be announce in July. In previous rumors, words have it that NV will improve G9X core by rolling out GT200. But detailed information still unknown.

Looks like just another die shrink :mad: I'm betting a 65nm to 55nm die shrink. These are probably gonna be to the 9800GTX/GX2 what the 9800GTX/GX2 are to the 8800GTS 512MB. Tweaked cores, lower latency RAM, and higher stock speeds. The "In previous rumors, words have it that NV will improve G9X core by rolling out GT200" sentence pretty much sealed its fate. And apparently the single-GPU one isn't gonna be that hot if they need yet another dual-GPU-on-one-PCB solution to be king. Just another recent nVidia bust it seems :rolleyes:

soounds like 98 series is dead in the water already. I'll be keeping my out for r770 4870 and hanging onto my GTS 512.

I don't think the GT200 is a die shrink, from what I have read its new archetechture.

Nvidia has positioned GeForce 9900 GTX to replace 9800 GX2 and this gave a clue that a single GT200 card will actually outperform a dual G92 card.

VR-Zone source.....

If a single GT200 9900-GTX will out perform a 9800 GX2 then there are new gibblets in the gravy. Or at least a higher gpu-mem bus?

I thought the whole GT200 debacle was considered to be false information?! Didn't it all start up from some forum thread with too many inconsistencies such as the 3d mark scores and resolution etc? Or has there been new information confirming the existence of the GT200?

I don't think the GT200 is a die shrink, from what I have read its new archetechture.

VR-Zone source.....

If a single GT200 9900-GTX will out perform a 9800 GX2 then there are new gibblets in the gravy. Or at least a higher gpu-mem bus?
That would be a huge jump if they do that....

That would be a huge jump if they do that....

Exactly if the performance is double of a GX2 with a single GPU then why wouldn't Nvidia label this card as a 10 series? That is after all the usual difference from generation to generation, with the exception of the 8-9 series. And since when did Nvidia start labeling their cores as "GT200" when the "GXX" naming convention has been in use for years?

I'm seriously considering a move to dual 3870's versus the 9800GTX - just waiting on some performance numbers; although I'm guessing the 9800GTX will perform at least as well.
I'd really like to try a dualie set-up, but Nvidia made SLi proprietary, so cross-fire is my only option.

Back