• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SuperPi and iMacs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

So I ran SuperPi 1M on one of the iMacs at my college, and it took a long time on the 20th loop. It got through the first 19 in just over 20 seconds and then took until 33 seconds to finish the 20th. I'm curious as to why this would happen. The iMacs are running E6600's and XP on bootcamp. Anyone know why this would happen?

So I ran SuperPi 1M on one of the iMacs at my college, and it took a long time on the 20th loop. It got through the first 19 in just over 20 seconds and then took until 33 seconds to finish the 20th. I'm curious as to why this would happen. The iMacs are running E6600's and XP on bootcamp. Anyone know why this would happen?

They don't use E6600s, they're using mobile processors with a lower FSB then the desktop counterparts. As for why it took longer on the 20th, maybe load up Activity Monitor and see if something was tying up processor resources during that time. Does it take longer on the 20th every time you run SuperPi?

You're right. CPU-Z deceived me, its actually a T7700. It actually does happen every time I run SuperPi. I don't really care all that much, but I was curious to see how fast it actually is.

Back