• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One fugly monitor...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

The original:
CE-LC-2705BK-AO.jpg

Ugly no more! At least I think it's not LOL
monitor_mod1.jpg

My hidden menu buttons haha...
normal_monitor_mod2.jpg

I put a machine screw in the mounting holes on the back and now I can hang my mouse back there :). Yes, that funny box thing is a mouse I made haha.

lol u just strip off the plastic casing? btw... u got a lot of "fugly" stuff.... LOOK AT THAT KEYBOARD!

Yep just took all the plastic off. Amazing how much better it looks with just that.

Haha yeah that keyboard is old as hell. It used to be hooked to a HPLC gas chromatography unit, but when that was retired I was allowed to keep the keyboard :).

I was considering either steampunking it (alot of work) or simply painting it black. Another much harder alternative would be an attempt at geiger art, but I'm no airbrusher and anything like that would take more learning than I'm willing to spend time on right now. I have more pics, I'm shrinking and uploading as I type this.

Here ya go :)

Base:
monitor_mod_base_back.jpg

Bottom plug part:
monitor_mod_lower_back.jpg

Full back:
monitor_mod_back.jpg

If there's some part of the monitor you want to see specifically, just ask. You can do the same though, if you take yours apart and get all the plastic off ;). I wouldn't do it with my dell monitors though. They are my main ones and I need them both for my classwork. Maybe after class is over and I'm back at work, but not right now.

You know, I would like to put a thin glass panel over the front of this one though. That would be sweet. Then take the appearance mods from there with whatever comes to mind.

heh, NICE...hopefully you don't get shocked. :D

I see fahmon running...:attn:

If I did, it wouldn't be the first time with high AC voltage (cold cathodes use ~800v+ usually). I've had 800v AC, that **** hurt!! Only chance is the cable on bottom left partially behind the metal frame, but I plugged it securely so it should be fine.

I've got alot of ideas on how to snazz it up some, but it's not a real game plan yet.

Back