• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flashing Video Cards in Vista?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oakstave

I have an Extreme PC XXX edition 3870 820/1200 that started throwing atimdag.sys errors at stock speeds. Everything I found on forums indicated this is a hardware problem.

Extreme PC contacted me quickly regarding the RMA request, and said something puzzling.

"We have found a workaround to this rare issue" (Have you noticed they are all 'rare' issues?) "You will need to flash the video card, but it doesn't work in Vista. You will need XP for it to work."

This is the first I've heard Vista is a hinderance to flashing video cards... Anyone here know why that would be?

Wasn't sure whether to post this in Video cards or M$ OS... decided it would affect 3870 users the most... Hope mods agree. :)

That's what I'm hoping, and I hope they are willing to just email me the .rom file for update. I really don't want to RMA the card.

Back