• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant access website, nothing is blocking access

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman22

I cannot get to ea.com on my computer that has Windows Vista (no service pack). I CAN get to it if i use a proxy. When i tracert, everything comes back ok. i can ping it and get the IP address of the site. I turned my firewall completely off, AVG isnt blocking anything. I tried booting with no programs running. I tried several different web browsers. I can get to every other website on the planet, but not ea.com, profile.ea.com, account.ea.com, support.ea.com, and many other ea.com sites.

The only ea site i can get to is eastore.ea.com. Every other ea site comes up with "Network Timeout"

I have no problems getting to ea.com from my laptop which runs Windows XP.

Friday i bought the game C&C3 Kane's Wrath online. I installed EA Download Manager and downloaded the game. Now, it says i have to activate it online, but i cannot get to the website to activate it. I can get to the eastore website, but i cant login to see my recent orders because it brings me to account.ea.com and i cant access that.

I tried uninstalling EA Download Manager, seeing as the appearance of that coincides with not being able to access the ea site.

NOTHING WORKS!!! and its driving me completely insane.

HELP!!!!

What type of network are you on? school, corporate??? sounds like maybe there is something blocking that domain / block possibly....

first two addresses I looked up resolve to
Name: ea.com
Address: 159.153.234.85 napdhome.pogo.com

Name: profile.ea.com
Address: 159.153.234.77 profile.ea.com

they are registered to OrgName: Electronic Arts, Inc.

the site you said DID work resolved to
Name: eastore.ea.com
Address: 209.87.182.145

registered to OrgName: Digital River, Inc.

and you said it will work through a proxy? is this the school or corporate proxy? why not just use the proxy?

anyway.... give this a shot....

from a command prompt
telnet 159.153.234.85 80
telnet 159.153.234.85 443

depending if its http or https

if the screen goes blank or says connecting then you have connectivity to the server... if it times out not so much

also as stated before try and hit it by IP address in your browser

this is on my home network. The Vista computer is the only computer in the house that cant get to ea.com

I tried going to the ip, didnt work.

I checked my hosts file, everythings normal.

telnet came back and said cannot open connection to host on both 80 and 443.

I put a temp proxy on my godaddy hosting, i can get to ea through that, but the menus and login scripts dont work.

This is weird, i can ping the ip, but i cant connect to it.

have you ever done a packet cap with something like ethereal or wireshark?

are you behind a router? maybe for testing bypass the router and plug right into your modem to see if that works

I have a router catching dust because it wouldnt let me get to Newegg!! Sometimes it would let me get to the main page, but then i couldnt browse the site. For a while i thought i needed to reload my computer. Till one day my brother was up with his laptop, and he couldnt get to Newegg, but could get there at his place without problems. Thats when i started suspecting something else, swapped out the router, and discovered the problem.

Sounds like it might be DNS resolution problem? Have you tried flushing your DNS cache or possibly using OpenDNS?

To flush your DNS cache:
Open a command prompt and type 'ipconfig /flushdns'. Try going after that. Not sure if that will solve it, but its worth a shot.

Also, check out: http://www.opendns.org

So - exact same thing is happening to me. Vista 64 SP1 can't access any EA.com domains from my vista box, but XP machines hit it just fine. Can't activate any of my EADM games.

I emailed EA for assistance and they were kind enough to send me XP troubleshooting steps for clearing my cache.

I don't know about the original poster, but I still can't access the EA.com domain or subdomains on my vista box. it's the ONLY server / site I've found that is reporting "timed out" when connecting on the vista box. suggestions?

Back