• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need affordable 20" LCD (non-TN)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

I'm in the market for a 20" widescreen LCD that is NOT a TN panel. I need this for both design work and gaming, so good colors + no ghosting is what I'm looking for.

If it comes down to it, I'll get a 2007WFP, but I'd rather not spend $400.

What monitors do you recommend?

Soyo 24" (M-PVA panel) $300 http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21361009

Its an excellant non TN panel .

Do a Google search for a ton of info on the Soyo , and dont worry to much about the past (possible) bad reviews from some stating build quality ; as thats pretty much a non issue now with later models made past June-July 2007 .

Ive had mine since Oct/07 and not a single problem to date ; I luv this sucker !!! The only drawback is a 1yr warranty ( but OfficeMax does offer an extended one for 1 or 2 yrs if you feel the need )

Last edited:
Viewsonic va2026w 20" widescreen for around $200
Excellent picture quality and nice controls to adjust it. Dual hookups also - 1 dvi 1 vga
Both can be used and is switchable with the press of a button.
Newegg has stopped carrying it for some reason I think they have a different version out now. I got mine at bestbuy recently and couldn't be happier. Well unless the wife woulda let me get a 32" lol

Bestbuy has a Westinghouse 22" for $200 right now that has pretty darn good quality for the price. I bought one for my husband and he is quite happy.

The image quality is not all that much worse then my Dell 24" which cost me $600 lol.

Bestbuy has a Westinghouse 22" for $200 right now that has pretty darn good quality for the price. I bought one for my husband and he is quite happy.

The image quality is not all that much worse then my Dell 24" which cost me $600 lol.

Back