• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can You Buy DVD-RW Dual Layer Discs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Can you actually buy RW Dual Layer discs I googled to try and find a shop I got nothing there was 1 webpage saying the Unofficial DVD-RW association approved DVD-RW DL format that was in 2006.

So far there aren’t any why is that?

So far there aren’t any why is that?
They would be way more expensive. Just regular DL DVDs are much more expensive than their SL counterpart.

I also think they didn't make them because not many people would buy them. I don't even use optical media except for installing games and operating systems :shrug:

Sorry, misread the post, thanks.

Edit: Looking around, Ive found that they have a pretty high failure rate, and they have been basically been discontinued. That, and theyre pretty expensive if you can find them, due to the difficult manufacturing process.

Last edited:
We have them at work but they cost like $9 each and you get coasters as often as not, you can mitigate the failure rate by burning at 1x speed but my god it takes a LLLOOONNNGGG time LOL.

We just switched to Bluray burners now and they work perfectly and hold a ton more not to mention they are cheaper atleast for the discs.

Back