• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps for my Q6600 @3.2GHz .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson

WOW I think the temps are a bit HIGH here what do you all think ?
stock Vcore ( rather auto in Bios and Bios has ramped it to 1.4 still in the green though .) Should I be worried here ?
tempsmu0.jpg

I do not see the temps getting higher than 67c though holding fast and the other 2 cores are stuck as well at 62c ! do I have any thing to worry about here ? GOD I HOPE NOT !

Depends on a few things; some people don't always report their temps "honestly" ;) Generally speaking, if you're already that hot after 10 minutes of prime, your chip is likely gonna get hotter. Especially as the air in your computer room starts to heat up from the machine, which then makes it run hotter, which then makes the room warmer, blah blah blah -- it will eventually settle, but it may not be pretty.

So long as it's stable though, I guess it isn't the worst thing in the world. Not sure that I would leave my chip that hot though...

Hi,

You thermal paste is setting.

You are "Priming". although 67 looks a bit high, what do you use the machine for?
Do you Fold? Seti? Bench test? Browse the interwarb?

:sn:

Temps are going down . 66 on 2 cores now and 62 on the other 2 cores . room is air conditioned and kept at a respective 69f-71f . I game mostly . I do think it will take some time for the AS5 to set in .

Game mostly?

Pffffff....... your fine if that's it.

You're air cooled in an air conditioned room.
Your temps are not excessive or push the edge.

You game mostly. not 24/7 stress burn in (burn out?)

Want a degree or 2 more? take the case side off. ;)

EDIT: What are your temps at idle w/no load?

Glad to see you finally got it where you want it.

:attn:
WII

See if you can drop the voltage to 1.3825 and up the GTLref lanes by +15mv, thats how i got stable at 3.49 with temps maxing at 58c.

i would recommend looking at getting something other than the ultra chilltec. never been a big fan of it is seeing as how a good high end air cooler costs less and performs better. but, if your using AS5, then its curing. temps should settle down. if they dont, try reseting and using MX-2. you may also wanna take apart the base and replace the TIM thats there between the TEC and the plates and remount again.

See if you can drop the voltage to 1.3825 and up the GTLref lanes by +15mv, thats how i got stable at 3.49 with temps maxing at 58c.

Not sure I follow you on this . what voltages should I try and change ?
GTLref lanes never heard of it .

idletempspc9.png

temps idle . I don't know about you all but I love this cooler I have had it for a long time and well it has done me proud 2320 hours worth ! been on 4 dual core CPU's and well now it is trying to cool a quad core I may get a new HSF but till then this one is my baby!

Those are roughly my temps @ 3.48 with a TRUE and 1.47 volts. I think with your cooler, that is just the temps to expect. The quads run HOT HOT HOT. Prime it for a couple hours, you should see a drop in temps, then at night, shut it down. Do that for a couple nights and you will probably drop 1 or 2°C more.

As far as the auto settings, you can probably get it down to a little lower. Perhaps 1.41 or so and with vdroop will put you down to ~1.38. That will lower the temps a little bit.

Those are roughly my temps @ 3.48 with a TRUE and 1.47 volts. I think with your cooler, that is just the temps to expect. The quads run HOT HOT HOT. Prime it for a couple hours, you should see a drop in temps, then at night, shut it down. Do that for a couple nights and you will probably drop 1 or 2°C more.

As far as the auto settings, you can probably get it down to a little lower. Perhaps 1.41 or so and with vdroop will put you down to ~1.38. That will lower the temps a little bit.

What is a TRUE ? Is it a HSF ? if so what kind ?

Also the Tuniq Tower is a beast for the price, its doing a great job of cooling my quad to 63/60 at 3.6 and 1.5v.

I'll have to check the GTLref for some stability though...

GTLref WHAT THE HELL is this ?????? Please no CODES I am 41 and don't understand them .

WOW that is nice .
can you give some screen shots of temps loaded and idle ? I would like to see them I may just order that HSF . how many heat pipes are there ? I see 6 on each side ! that is a monster !

Its 6 total, they connect through the mounting plate. The Zerotherm is actually pretty comparable if you are looking to save some bucks.

GTLref WHAT THE HELL is this ?????? Please no CODES I am 41 and don't understand them .

Don't worry about it for now, its just a voltage setting that you might tweak later to help you get some stability. In any case ignore it until you are ready to do some serious tweaking.

Its 6 total, they connect through the mounting plate. The Zerotherm is actually pretty comparable if you are looking to save some bucks.

Cool thank you .
GTLref what is this again? :bang head
I want to do some real tweaking now I want to see 3.4 maybe even 3.6GHz !

here are my idle temps. i tried to run Prime for you to see load temps, but I am at work and apparently Prime doesn't jive all that well with RDP.

348idlerdpig1.jpg

They are a little high as it is pretty warm out today and noone is home, so no AC or fans going in the room. Usually it is cooler than this.

Im going to say your vore on auto is setting it too high, I bet you can use 1.3 or 1.32V bios vcore and be stable at 3.2Ghz.

Back