• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WGPS606 cant connect to internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Billraymac

Hi, im kinda a tech guy, but i just cant seem to find out what is going wrong in this scenario. I have the standard modem connected to a linksys router. I have been using a netgear WGPS606 for a few months for wireless printing, but now i need it to connect to the internet as well. So what ive done is simply connect my computer to the wireless print server, and i can access the print server's and router's home page, but no internet, works fine on other wireless computers. I am using vista and it seems to have identified the Local area network as two separate networks, one as the name of the wireless SSID, and the other as unknown. this computer connected fine with just a standard wireless usb stick, but the signal was pretty crappy and was hoping the print server would have a much stronger signal. Any advise would be awsome.

Run setup cd that came with the router. Don't connect to print server but to router.

I dont think you understod what i was trying to do, but i managed to figure it out anyways, turns out that it seems to like static IP addresses, as once i assigned it one it worked, thanks anyways.

Back