• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DELL 3007WFP-HC Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yahonmaizosz

I have 2 DELL 3007WFP-HC in a Dual-Monitor set up.
The problem is that, 1 of them is perfect in every way while the other has (1) DEAD PIXEL and the "WHITE" looks like a "PALE YELLOW"

The "perfect" one seems to be brighter and more lively when compared to the "inferior" one.

Why is this so?? These are the very same monitors, how could there be such a HUGE different of quality???:confused::confused:

Can someone give me the solution to my problem??:confused::confused:

I have 2 DELL 3007WFP-HC in a Dual-Monitor set up.
The problem is that, 1 of them is perfect in every way while the other has (1) DEAD PIXEL and the "WHITE" looks like a "PALE YELLOW"

The "perfect" one seems to be brighter and more lively when compared to the "inferior" one.

Why is this so?? These are the very same monitors, how could there be such a HUGE different of quality???:confused::confused:

Can someone give me the solution to my problem??:confused::confused:

Dont know of a solution (sorry) just sharing my experience.
I've had the 3008 for about 4-5 months now and up until a few days ago was running perfect.Then gradually I would notice the whites getting warmer. Then all of a sudden one night sitting there working, the monitor started doing the 'disco thing' sporadic flashing (like a strobe light). There was no patern to the flashing, the only thing I noticed was that it would do this after long periods of use. Rang Dell, getting a change over on Monday.
Are you out of warranty? if not, why not just return them?
Also have you tried swapping the D cables over, and seeing if its still doing it?

Dont know of a solution (sorry) just sharing my experience.
I've had the 3008 for about 4-5 months now and up until a few days ago was running perfect.Then gradually I would notice the whites getting warmer. Then all of a sudden one night sitting there working, the monitor started doing the 'disco thing' sporadic flashing (like a strobe light). There was no patern to the flashing, the only thing I noticed was that it would do this after long periods of use. Rang Dell, getting a change over on Monday.
Are you out of warranty? if not, why not just return them?
Also have you tried swapping the D cables over, and seeing if its still doing it?

Sorry to hear that you have problem too. Especially when your 3008WFP cost almost $2000..!
I have tried every possible troubleshoot and still no luck. It is really bothering me to know that the "White" in this monitor looks a little bit washed out and appear "Yellow".. My other 3007WFP-HC is Perfect.
It is still under warranty until 2010, and I am still struggling to get DELL to replace it. Hopefully, they will honor their warranty.:(

Sorry to hear that you have problem too. Especially when your 3008WFP cost almost $2000..!
I have tried every possible troubleshoot and still no luck. It is really bothering me to know that the "White" in this monitor looks a little bit washed out and appear "Yellow".. My other 3007WFP-HC is Perfect.
It is still under warranty until 2010, and I am still struggling to get DELL to replace it. Hopefully, they will honor their warranty.:(

Have you tried degaussing it, and swapping cables over (might be a dodgy cable). Also the one thats giving trouble, is it closest to your rig or any other strong electrical appliance?
I got a good deal on mine, $1750.
It sounds like you've tried everything to work out the problem, and it could well be that the monitor is faulty and there is no other external issue involved.
I'm sorry to hear that Dell is being difficult, I've found them quite the opposite.I'm getting my new one Monday. Hope you have the same response from them. If not just let them know you're veteran member on a number of online forrums and that you'll vent your dissatisfaction with their service with millions of other users.

Degaussing??? this is an LCD

I'm will to be each are different revisions with different panels.

Have you tried degaussing it, and swapping cables over (might be a dodgy cable). Also the one thats giving trouble, is it closest to your rig or any other strong electrical appliance?
I got a good deal on mine, $1750.
It sounds like you've tried everything to work out the problem, and it could well be that the monitor is faulty and there is no other external issue involved.
I'm sorry to hear that Dell is being difficult, I've found them quite the opposite.I'm getting my new one Monday. Hope you have the same response from them. If not just let them know you're veteran member on a number of online forrums and that you'll vent your dissatisfaction with their service with millions of other users.

That is fortunate of you to have everything to go by smoothly. Hope that DELL will process my "Ownership Transfer" ASAP.
As for you DELL 3008WFP, I have found a place whereby there are active discussions going on there. Perhaps you would like to compare some results with them. HERE is the link.

Hope that your new Monitor and CRUCIAL ram will work like a charm!!:beer:

Degaussing??? this is an LCD

I'm will to be each are different revisions with different panels.

You're right, there's no degaussing button on LCD. But what I meant (and it worked for me), turning the monitor off, cables and power out, then back on again. Also going from minimum to maximum resolution can refresh it. The refresh rate (if more the one is available), going up and down with this can sometimes help.

That is fortunate of you to have everything to go by smoothly. Hope that DELL will process my "Ownership Transfer" ASAP.
As for you DELL 3008WFP, I have found a place whereby there are active discussions going on there. Perhaps you would like to compare some results with them. HERE is the link.

Hope that your new Monitor and CRUCIAL ram will work like a charm!!:beer:

Came across this, might help http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php
If I were you, just keep pushing (persistance) for a new one and maybe you'll be lucky and they exchange it for the new model 3008. I'm sorry that your not getting the same service as I'am getting here in Australia and I also hope that you get your new monitor soon,very soon...:beer:

Came across this, might help http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php
If I were you, just keep pushing (persistance) for a new one and maybe you'll be lucky and they exchange it for the new model 3008. I'm sorry that your not getting the same service as I'am getting here in Australia and I also hope that you get your new monitor soon,very soon...:beer:

I had run that software and still no luck..:bang head:bang head..
Waiting for DELL to replace my monitor.. Hopefully they will make things easy for me.:)

I had run that software and still no luck..:bang head:bang head..
Waiting for DELL to replace my monitor.. Hopefully they will make things easy for me.:)

I'm sorry to hear that you dont have your monitor yet.
I got my replacement last week (sorry). Why are they taking so long with you, when you have contact with them, is it on the phone or through email?
Call them up and dont stop hassling them until you get results. Did they give you an RMA number or reference #?

I finally get a replacement from DELL..
They shipped it overnight..
WOW.. Not bad DELL :):):):):):)

Great. Very happy to hear you're finally getting your monitor:clap:

Thx man.. I really appreciate it.. Still feel very surprised that the replacement monitor would arrive so FAST! They told me 3 - 5 business days, next thing I know, this morning DHL guy knock my door to give me my monitor!:clap:

Now.. After such a long time of patiently waiting for a replacement, I can finally enjoy my 2xDELL 3007WFP-HC sweet setup:beer::beer:

Thought that I should post some pictures..

M-StreetNEWworkspace2.jpg

M-StreetNEWworkspace3.jpg

17' monitor looks really small compared to these giants..
M-StreetNEWworkspace4.jpg

M-StreetNEWworkspace.jpg

Enjoy..:)

Last edited:
Back