• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Planetside?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viper9299

Registered
Anyone ever play it or still play it I remember all the hype of it years ago but never had a computer that could handle it and was thinking of picking it up and trying it out.....is it a waste of money or not. would love some input.

its great fun, I went back to it last year for 6 months, until our clan leader died, and I mean really died, not like fragged yo *** died
BigOne you are missed

damn theres a bitter sweet post

The better term is probably mmofps. It was a good game, but a lot has changed since it was released. It might be fun now, but I haven't played it in a long time.

There are only a few base designs, you capture the same damn bases over and over, just the same thing each day.

I am installing it for the heck of it just to see if they have made any changes since I have been away, I still have my station pass active so it is basicly free so I may aswell :)

Wanted to add that once you reach the max battle rank and max command rank you have no real incentive to go take that same base you took 2 hours befor lol.

TR4L!!!! Damn Barnies!

It was good times for a year or so. Like Nettie says, it quickly becomes old and futile. Nothing you do has a lasting effect. It really tried to stick to the fps style of game play, but for an online massive game I just don't think that works.

The battles were great. I loved flying in that game, great air battles. I really wish they would do a Planetside 2 but with a whole new development team that takes it into the right direction. Always got Huxley and i think theres another MMOFPS on the way.

I had such high hopes for this, back in the day (like 8-9 years ago) there was a game out called Infantry that got bought out by SOE, it was a 2d isometric shooter made by a company called Harmless Games, and it was INSANELY fun (ever heard of subspace? advanced version of that basically)

When SOE bought the rights they turned almost every idea that was in Infantry into Planetside (tank names... weapon names... classes)

Never got around to buying it because everyone that I knew that played it said it was garbage :<

I had such high hopes for this, back in the day (like 8-9 years ago) there was a game out called Infantry that got bought out by SOE, it was a 2d isometric shooter made by a company called Harmless Games, and it was INSANELY fun (ever heard of subspace? advanced version of that basically)

When SOE bought the rights they turned almost every idea that was in Infantry into Planetside (tank names... weapon names... classes)

Never got around to buying it because everyone that I knew that played it said it was garbage :<

It was really good at launch. Before the server mergers, the expansion, and when it was just one planet.

wow this brings back some memories. played 3 months beta them 18 months retail. was such a good game until they released the first expansion, after that it got real tedious as nettiezoom said.

can't really say how the game is now, but being in battles involving hundreds of players was such an awesome sight. spending hours battling over a bridge trying to get to a base or tower on the other side, was just one of the best game experiences i've ever had. never was able to recapture it either :bang head.

last time they had free time for old accounts i loaded it up again played a few hours but it just was not the same :cry:

loyal vanu copernicus (BOTZ inc.)

I logged in for the first time in ages today and am actually having a blast :)

Thankfully they fixed the damn Galaxy gunships, they dont mow down entire squads with impunity now lol.

BFR's are still nerfed as they should be!

They added some more specializations, a fews new vehicles and a few new guns. Also they have added a couple more BR so I can actually level 2 twice.

Last edited:
Back