Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Problems with keyboard and Vista x64

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 05-04-08, 12:25 PM Thread Starter   #1
DonJuan1jr

Problems with keyboard and Vista x64

I have the microsoft wireless natural keyboard rev 1.0A, it was the one that came with the mouse as well. I got the drivers from microsofts website and it worked fine for a few days. But every now and then when i start the comp it shows that there is no keyboard attached, itll say batteries and wireless is good but not anything for the keyboard. If i restart the comp it usually fixes this problem.

When this happens though the mouse works fine and the receiver is hooked into the usb port..

any suggestions?
DonJuan1jr is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-04-08, 01:23 PM   #2
Dodgexander

The keyboard shouldnt really need any drivers unless it has custom keys.

Make sure its plugged in to a rear USB port and unplug all other USB devices to see if it makes a difference.

Also, in vista, you need to make sure you restart and shut down the pc correctly, sometimes keyboards and mice have problems awaking from sleep or hibernation.

If that fails, uninstall the drivers and just use the standard vista driver when u plug the USB Dongle in.

Otherwise, go in to your BIOS (usually by pressing delete upon startup) and check to see where your usb is being controlled by your bios or your os, change it to bios!

CPU: E8400 @4ghz. Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB), GPU: MSI Radeon 6870, Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe, HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue 2500BB,1TB WD Green. PSU: Corsair HX620, Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value, CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C, Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay, HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins, Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
Dodgexander is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 05-04-08, 01:35 PM   #3
mrgoodwords
Registered

I have the same setup but have never had a problem. No idea man...sorry
mrgoodwords is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.