• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New C850 -- 3DMark2001 fails!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mullzy

Registered
I put a C850 in my Abit BX6 (rev 1) board and everything seems to be working great. Thanks for all the advice/information that I've received here over the last couple weeks.

One problem - 3DMark2001 now locks up on the second test (High Texture Car Chase). The 'loading' screen is displayed but when it switches to 3D mode it locks up before displaying anything. If I disable this test it cycles through all the ones I was able to run before... but it won't rate my system because "not enough tests were completed".

Any thoughts on why the 3DMark2001 fails now? I am thinking because my cpu is out of spec with my mobo that there is some compatability problems with whatever this test is doing at a hardware level.

All games I have tried so far look fine and are working great. Comments/suggestions? Anything that I can try to fix this problem?

Is it overclocked?

Try setting the AGP Bus to 2/3.

When I clocked to say anything above 105fsb the video card would lock up midway during the first tests.

Yodums.

It's not overclocked -- at least not on purpose. My mobo only supports 1/1 and 2/3 AGP clocks... I sure hope it isn't at 1/1. =/

My settings:

User Defined CPU: 8 x 100 (forcing 100Mhz bus, CPU's multiplier of 8.5 taking over)
Speed Error Check: Disabled (won't boot without an "F1 to continue" otherwise)
AGP Clk: 2/3 = 66Mhz
PCI Clk: 1/3 = 33Mhz
Sloket (AOpen): manually set to 1.7v and a 100 Mhz FSB
Bios Voltage: Set to auto and reads 1.7 in the CPU setup screen, but 1.65 in one of the management screens (showing temp and fan RPMs)

In the "PC Configuration" part of 3DMark2001 it says that I have the right final clockspeed of ~850, but what is odd is that it says I have an external clock of 150Mhz, instead of 100Mhz. I don't know if this is a red hearing or not... or just 3DMark2001's inability to read my mobo settings properly.

I tried 3DMark2000 for kicks ... and I failed on the 4th or 5th test. The test just ended and I popped right back out to windows. I gamed for about 5 hours straight last night with no problems... the only thing I've found to give me a problem are these 3D Benchmarks.

uninstall all 3dmk programs and your vid card drivers and reboot then reinstall vid card drivers then 3dmark progs then see what happens

also get latest directx version

It's not a cpu problem....it more looks like a :
1)DirextX problem or
2)VGA drivers or
3)Both of them

Also be sure about your AGP speed

Back