• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help getting access to domain back

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkgonra

I do website work for a non-profit group. Our .org site we have access to but our .com was originally setup by someone else for us 5 years ago and we do not have access to it.
The e-mail address it is registered to is no longer a working e-mail address and the person who set it up originally has no idea what the passwords were.
It is currently re-directing to our .org address but I would like to gain access to it before it expires in a couple months.
Is there a form that can be filled out or anything else to get this fixed and give us access to our domain ?

Do you know who it is registered through? Godaddy? Network Solutions? Etc? If you know that, then I would contact the Registrar and see if they can change it for you and allow you access to it again.

names4ever , and the plot thickens , even though I am the registrant contact , admin contact and technical contact of record on the whois since the other guy ( who is still listed on the .com address ) set it up originally is listed as the contact on the account with names4ever they won't even give me access to the .org address or even send me the authorization e-mail to my e-mail , which is listed as the domain contact e-mail !

They should have some way of verifying who you are through faxing pertinant info or by verifying credit card numbers used to purchase to domain name.

Back