• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Radeon 8500 Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Violator

Leaked ATI reference driver. Download & install at your own risk.

Get the 9008s for 98/ME here

Also Win2K 6011s

And WinXP 6011s

Just like to keep you guys up to date :p. Hopefully my forums will be as big as this someday :p (see profile if interested). Oh and I did check with a Mod first :)

Last edited:
Works on Radeon LE too!

I installed the win98 drivers for my LE and I picked up about 120 points in 3d mark.

The big thing is that the do work on the Radeon/7000 series cards!

Violator said:
*bump*

Btw FunnyPerson1, stability is just fine :D

lol, thanks, just wanted to see if Ati drivers were improving and they are so thats good/...

These drivers are horrible, do not download them. 3Dmark scores went down, and FPS in counter strike dropped by over 200%

Fishy...

How can they drop 200%?

That means you'd be getting a -99fps?

Try uninstall the old drivers under safe mode and boot into safe mode and install it in safe mode if that works or reinstall them in Windows.

great drivers, went from 7000 to 7300 then overclocked now sitting at 7994, great job violator.

Anyone any other comments??. Aside from the boost in 3dMark these also seem to have fixed the 'crash after dying' bug in RTCW :)

*cough*, can I maybe get away with a small.....

Visit us! :)

Cheers guys

EclipseJP said:
how do you check fps in counterstrike? I want to check these drivers out.

type this in console

netgraph 3 (cant remember if you need to space between or not, so it may be netgraph3)

that shows all the stats.

also another command:

showfps 1 (once again, not sure about space or not)

that only shows the fps.

Back