• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duke Nukem Forever Gameplay Video (Yes, it really is gameplay video)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
You have to sit through a minute of two of BS w/ Greg Grunberg from Heroes, but after that there is some gameplay video of DNF. Apparently they are working on it.

http://kotaku.com/5013638/first-duke-nukem-forever-gameplay-video

After 12 years people may actually be able to play DNF. I'll play it, but I know I'm not going to be blown away or something. I'll play it out of curiosity mostly, I guess.

LMAO. "WTF is taking so long?" "Well it could be the cocaine, or the hookers" "But I think its the World of warcraft, we want our lvl 70 characters"

Hasnt there been game play footage before?
They scrapped it and rewrote the engine though?

I'm seriously struggling to believe DNF has been being worked on for all this time

They have re-done it on like 4 or 5 different engines. They started with the Quake 1, then Unreal then who the heck knows maybe Quake 3 engine.... who knows what engine this is on... they probably don't even know. They worked so slowly each time that by the time they made some semblance of progress they were already on ancient technology and had been passed by. Its probably only those two guys working on it...

Heh, wow... :)

I'm mostly curious to see how much of the flavor of the original DN-3D game they recapture. One of the nicest things about it at the time was the environments that were meant to be blown up. It was just fun.

thats true, but today standards having a totally destructible environment is almost a must.

So they better be packing something or this thing is going to epically fail.

thats true, but today standards having a totally destructible environment is almost a must.

While cool, I don't think its a must at all. There isn't a game yet that's implemented it and was wildly successful.

The only games that had this were Red Faction and the sequel and that was like more than five years ago so it isn't really a must have for today since none of todays games have it imo.

Its probably only those two guys working on it...

If this is true, then I am not bitching at all, thats still one hell of a job for just 2 people. BTW think of all the money they will get if and when it sells/releases

If this is true, then I am not bitching at all, thats still one hell of a job for just 2 people. BTW think of all the money they will get if and when it sells/releases

That depends on the company. If the company doesn't give the game progammers bonuses on how many they sell then they don't get jack. They just get the hourly/salary it took for 12 years to make the game.

I guess your right about the destructable world I was thinking more of if you shoot a box it breaks, if you shoot a window it breaks. But games like COD4 I guess its just bullet holes in the barrels.

I guess your right about the destructable world I was thinking more of if you shoot a box it breaks, if you shoot a window it breaks. But games like COD4 I guess its just bullet holes in the barrels.

Or Crysis where there's a roof held up by 4 posts, you shoot out 3 of them and it stays standing :rolleyes:

Back