• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35~ OC help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

insaneblingaoo

Registered
Alright, im semi new to intel overclocking. Been an AMD fan forever and just rebuilt a new pc using the Q6600. With this motherboard the bios are way different than what im use to and semi lost, maybe someone who has this board could help me out.

Specs,
GIGABYTE GA-EP35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35
ZOTAC GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 256-bit
2x GeIL Esoteria 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Q6600

Theres a small heating problem with the q6600 with full load, probably going to get a new heat sink to keep it down. Here is some screenshots.

Last edited:
first thing is first... in the bios disable EIST/SPEEDSTEP and C1E. Next ram ratio =2x, raise NB voltage to about 1.35 or so, that way you can get a higer CPUVTT of at least 1.3v. start raising the fsb from there... GL! :)

alright this is what i got now after all that

i might take a pick of the bios because they are just weird. Aslo what is a DEC number some of the options ask me for this.

no idea what DEC is but your quad should be able to hit 3ghz no problem.

well me either all i did was just type a number example 7 for 7x wierd but ehh messed around a bit and this is what i got it too.

I put it 7x because i got stock heat sink so didn't want to over heat but what do you think

Took the Vcore to 1.248 still at 2.8 temp is at 51 48 44 44 idle, so now i just got to test to see if this is stable once i get the side panel finish and new heat sink.

Edit:
Messed around and this is what i am at now

Here is my mobo bios screen you see anything fishy,

Last edited:
Back