• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need advice on my sli configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biosboy4

My 512MB 2600 xt just went out the other day. (so did my mobo and cpu due to a power surge....)

I just ordered some temporary replacement parts. I got a mobo that supports both sli and quad-cores. I ordered a cheap, dual core Celeron and a cheap 7200 GS to run with my old one in sli. My cpu and video cards are really just place holders for a while, but I'm going to do some overclocking regardless.

Here's my question, How much of a performance gain will I get from standard overclocking and sli? Would it be worth it to flash the bios's etc... I realize they are terrible video cards, but I want to do everything I possibly can to make them a little less terrible because I just don't have the money for anything else.

Thanks in advance!

Bump....

I'm just wondering if it's worth the trouble to do a bios/volt mod and I would like to know what drivers are recommended also....

Also my *unbelievably cheap* cpu is an E1400 with like either half or 3 quarters of it's cache disabled.... Are there any physical/pin mods I can do to that to maybe re-enable cache and or unlock the multiplier? I useually run AMD so this whole locked multiplier thing is really ****ing me off. Peace.

I would try to flash the bios with a higher voltage and then oc them as high as they will go. But, I dont know what kind of cooling those cards have on them or if you have aftermarket at all because with a vmod they will be getting hotter.

As for the pin mods for the cpu, I dont know lol. but I am sure there are some vets here that have all that knowledge. Try posting that question in the intel cpu part of the forum and see what responses you get. Good luck and :welcome: to the forums. Hope it all works out.

Ok thanks a ton. I actually flashed the bios on my 2600 xt and it works again! I very seriously doubt those two cards can out perform my 2600 even in sli am I right?

So should I just lay those things to the side at this point or do miracles that allow lowend 7 series cards out-run a 2600?

I'm pretty sure that the answer is no, but I figure you guys are prolly smarter than I am on these things....

Glad to hear about the 2600 up and running again. And the answer to the sli beating it is, I am almost certain that they wont. If they do it will by such a small margin that it wouldnt be noticable. But I am sure they wouldnt. As for the miracle working on the 7 series cards, if you got another rig just throw them in there for company to come by and lan it out with ya when things get boring.

Back