• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC power's turbo-cool 1200ESA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thoughts?

Well, it is a top drawer unit built by Wintact Electronics. One of the best units out there but horrendously expensive. For that price there are several other good units you could buy.

We can't have a separate forum for 1kW units as all SMPS devices reside in one forum and there is not enough traffic to warrant it. Plus there are too many forums as it is. :)

the reviews i read on the 1200 were that it was pretty quiet.

do you have personal experience with the psu

i am seriously considering it

hard to hear it when i'll buy via web

the reviews i read on the 1200 were that it was pretty quiet.

do you have personal experience with the psu

i am seriously considering it

hard to hear it when i'll buy via web

According to Lee it is 47dBa to 56dBa at room temp which is very optimistic since it will be warmer than RT. So it is loud.

$ vs sense

grunjee, at roughly ~$10/hr for the next 6yrs during residency, I guess I don't have that much sense because i dont have any $. As u can see while I make less money as a dr then I did at 18 life gaurding

Will be running 3 gtx280 wc in sli
nvidia requires at least 1200 watts for this

grunjee, at roughly ~$10/hr for the next 6yrs during residency, I guess I don't have that much sense because i dont have any $. As u can see while I make less money as a dr then I did at 18 life gaurding

Will be running 3 gtx280 wc in sli
nvidia requires at least 1200 watts for this

Ortho,

Better check your circuit breakers where you're going to plug it in depending on what else is on the same line and what else you may connect to that line. Many don't realize this can become an issue with a system like you want to assemble.

quick question,
if i plug in a blow dryer which draws 2000 watts and run it for several minutes, would that be a way to test the breakers abilities?
the max psu i plan on going up to will be 1500 and my monitor will draw 250

quick question,
if i plug in a blow dryer which draws 2000 watts and run it for several minutes, would that be a way to test the breakers abilities?
the max psu i plan on going up to will be 1500 and my monitor will draw 250

Try a 1500 watt blow dryer on, while having Everything else that will be running On while the computer is up and running.

Check your breaker box to see if the room you are plugging it into is 15 or 20amp. 20amp would be preffered. Of course the wiring in the circuit must handle the voltage too.

I'm running a 1kw, a 21" LCD,Router,2 speaker amps,Cable Modem and at times a 32" TV with a coupla lamps on in my computer/bedroom. I'm on a 20amp circuit with 12 gauge wire, I'm also behind a Line Conditioner as well, but thats just cause I don't like to take chances. I have no probs to date, and run quite a bit in my case.

Larry

Back