• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New member here, Some questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Knight2000

This is my first time posting here @ OCF. I just finished building my new rig and im very happy with it. Ive managed to get it up to 3.2Ghz thanks to all the different threads here and the search button. System is very stable with temps @ 35 idle and 49 - 50 full load on P95. Now my question is about getting it to 3.4ghz, i tired to go fsb 377 but i would get the bsod after a couple of minutes in vista. So far the only bios settings ive changed are the fsb @ 355 and running my memory @ 1:1, havent really changed any voltage settings or any of that but i have disable the usual stuff people recomend here when oc like pci spread, trans booster, etc etc etc. So any input guys would be greatly appreciate it. My system specs are on my sig.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the forums!
You are going to need to raise your voltages since the system has instability. Try knocking the Vcore up a few notches and the FSB and NB voltage by 1 notch.

So that means i would have to set the Vcore to Manual and set it a tad higher than CPUID tells me im at? and what about the nb? what do those things run usually stock or whats the starting voltage on those things. Im having a hard time understanding that part.

YEa You are gonna have to set the voltages to manual. When you do that if you bios is similar to mine it will go to the default voltage there and it will remember that so when you are tweaking it then you can just see where you started at. Just go up by small increments and I hope all goes well for you!

make sure to not let that NB overheat... just make sure there is some kind of airflow around it and you should be pretty good.

Back