• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

possible 4850 $150 at BB, needs some luck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just went to my local BB, there's like half a dozen on the shelf and the coupon works too!!! however, I came out empty handed.... just curious wanna check it out, didn't buy any.... :p

Hmm, very very interesting, was about to buy the one from ZZF for $169. I wonder if I have to drive up there before hand...

The 2 closest to me didn't have it. Want to buy me one and send it my way LandShark? :) I can send you payment via Paypal or something..

I don't mind, but putting in the tax and shipping cost, you might better off getting it from ZZF tho!! (150+6%tax+shipping>169 from ZZF!!)

the 4850 can keep up with a 9800GTX, and the 9800 is just an higher clocked GTS 512...

I don't mind, but putting in the tax and shipping cost, you might better off getting it from ZZF tho!! (150+6%tax+shipping>169 from ZZF!!)

Hm... I'll have to check ZZF, but I'm in CA so i'll be charged tax and shipping anyways.. I think it would be cheaper going through you actually. My company has a UPS account so shipping charges won't be as much(I can issue a return label to ship it to me ^^).

Recalculating.. here are my prices:
You: $150+9(6% tax)+$7.61(return label)= $166.61
ZZF: $200+$16.50(8.25% tax)+ $8 (shipping) = $224.50-30=$194.50 AR

Send me a PM if you dont mind doing this. :) I'll send ya payment for $170 if you can. I think that'll give ya $11 profit since you won't pay for shipping costs to me. :O

Last edited:
I just got one from BB. Went in there, none on the shelf an no tag. So I asked the guy if he had any. He said "yea, we had 6, but I've already sold 2 to one guy, would you like one?". I was like "yep" so he got one. Didn't ring up with the 25% off, so I had to get a manager to come and manually put it in. Needless to say, after having the manager put in 25% off, they were not gonna honor the 10% RZ coupon.

Man I just read this at SD and was going to post it here if it wasn't up already, I'm really tempted to go get one tomorrow to replace my 8800GTS 640... If anyone in indy gets in on this deal at a store let me know where so I can go grab one...

i picked one up yesterday, but had to get a manager to make the 25% adjustment at the register.

not going to open it until i hear for sure whether or not it supports PAP (and does not downsample to 16bit/48kHz).

Just found the 4850s at my local stores in Jax (Avenues Mall, as well as Regency Mall, but not available at the Blanding store, however, I did not check the inventory of the store near the airport), should anyone from the area be interested.

Although there is a Sale sticker showing the 4850 at the 25% off price of $149.99, the register price is $199.99 and needs manager override.

I guess the unkown is just how much better will the 4870 be over the 4850? Has any site done a comparison of these two?

I went back to BB this morning to get another one to find that they took them out of the cabinet and no sign or anything that they ever existed, the clerk told me that they out of stock, nothing else, I know they pulled them last night because of the 25% off story

Back