• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better timings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PortCitySlim

Hi, I was wondering which timing should I lower first to see if I can get better timings. I have the Gskill 2x2gb DDR2 1000 kit from new egg and have passed memtest86+ on 5-5-5-15(trfc 55) at 2.0v. I tried 5-5-5-12(tfrc 55) at 2.1v and that didn't work. I read somewhere that a trfc setting of close to 54 was ideal for 2x2gb kits and in the P5Q bios(0704) the closest I could get was 55. Anyways should I change my Trfc for these sticks or maybe try 5-5-4-15? basically I want to run these stick at stock speeds and want to try and tighten up my timings but I am fairly new and don't know where to start:bang head

Changing your timings will have little to no effect with your day to day performance. The only instance where getting timings tight as possible is beneficial would be with benchmarking.

Back