• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ga-m61vme RAM toubleshooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seg_x

Ill break down what Im working with first, then explain my problem.

I have a ga-m61vme (s2) - a budget gigabyte motherboard.
I also have 2 1g ddr2 pc6400 ram sticks.

problem:

Im only able to run 1 stick at a time. I cant get the dual channel out of the sticks and Ive tried another pair of ddr2 pc6400 sticks. (So I have a total of 4gbs I cant use due to only 2 slots) Ok so I found out that the voltage for the sticks is 2.1v , yet the motherboard supports 1.8v. Ive tried changing the voltage via cmos. The option to change the volt is diabled, even with flashing to a newer version of bios no change. Ive tried lower speed sticks with the dual channel mode, 2 pc4200 512MB which worked. If I can change the voltage thou would the two sticks then work? Also how would I change the voltage, Ive tried gigabyte easytune and nvidia's tuner. Im able to change other settings, yet the voltage bars always disable.

Has gigabyte takin step to stop me from changing the voltage? Or am I in the wrong direction all together.

Any info would be great.

Back