• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR 3 1333Mhz Gigabyte G41M-COMBO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vilas

Registered
Hello, one week ago i bought new Ram sticks DDR 3 for my old PC, but till now it refuses to work. I only get beeps the whole time.
I did some tests (te most common), and still the same.
They told me that to work it had to be overclocked.
With the current RAM DDR2 that i have it works like a charm.

My specs are these:

Motherboard gigabyte GA-41M-COMBO rev 2.0 last BIOS update
CPU Intel Quad Core Q6600
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti 2GB
RAM DDR2 Corsair 2GB 2×2 800Mhz

New RAM:

DDR 3 G.SKILL AEGIS F3 1333Mhz CL9 4GB 4x4

I need help on this.

Thanks

What tests, exactly, have you done? List them so we don't cover things you've tried. ;)

Are your sticks on the support list?

Two slots are DDR3 and two are DDR2 on that board. So you can't use four sticks (I don't think DDR3 fits in DDR2 slots, and you can't run 2/3 concurrently). Here's your manual...
DDR3:
  1. 2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
  2. Dual channel memory architecture
  3. Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules
DDR2:
  1. 2 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Did you install TWO DDR3 sticks in the proper slots (DDR3 ones - white - confirm in manual)?

To be clear, you can't even access the BIOS when using the DDR3, right?

Last edited:
What tests, exactly, have you done? List them so we don't cover things you've tried. ;)

Are your sticks on the support list?

Two slots are DDR3 and two are DDR2 on that board. So you can't use four sticks (I don't think DDR3 fits in DDR2 slots, and you can't run 2/3 concurrently). Here's your manual...

Did you install TWO DDR3 sticks in the proper slots (DDR3 ones - white - confirm in manual)?

To be clear, you can't even access the BIOS when using the DDR3, right?
Hello,

I did read the manual. I tried one by one (not on the DDR 2 slots). I cannot use all together (ofcourse). I cannot Access BIOS with DDR 3, but when i put DDR 2 back it boot.
I asked to specialized stores and they told me that it works with the DDR 3 i bought, but i also read a few days ago that needs to be low density. I'm not sure about the ones i have.
They told me that i need to mess arround with the BIOS

Hard to do if you can't get into the BIOS. I'd suggest raising the IMC (System Agent, IIRC) voltage with the DDR2 sticks saving it, and putting in the DDR3 to see if that works. Higher density means more voltage is needed.

Confirm those sticks are on the memory support list. You have the exact model number and can compare it to the list. If they aren't on there and you're having trouble, that may mean they don't work (but certainly not always).

I would try the following.
Shut down and unplug the PC.
Remove the DDR2 RAM and install the DRR3 RAM.
Clear the CMOS by shorting the CLR CMOS pins (be sure to remove the jumper after clearing).
Plug in the PC & turn it on.
If you are still getting multiple beeps, it is possible your motherboard and this DDR3 RAM aren't compatible.

CLR_CMOS.png

Hello, i will try to do that. They told at the store that it would work. I gaved them everything they needed to know and they told me that those from g.skill were good, but i just checkd the support list and i cannot find those sticks. Only others from the same brand.

Nothing of the above worked.
With DDR 2 work fine.

More help, please

It's possible they aren't compatible. If the 'store' told you they would work, bring the PC in and have them make it work (if they offer service). Otherwise, if I was you, I would buy a set of RAM that's on the tested list and see if those work.

It's possible they aren't compatible. If the 'store' told you they would work, bring the PC in and have them make it work (if they offer service). Otherwise, if I was you, I would buy a set of RAM that's on the tested list and see if those work.
They told me to send it back or to go to the store. The is that i live far away.
I now messed around with BIOS settings and found 1333OC settings there, but i don't know in what i have to touch

The only other thing I can think of is to use some canned air to thoroughly blow any dust that might be in the DDR3 RAM slots.

If the motherboard is still giving beeps codes, you need to return/exchange the RAM. As Earth Dog said, take your PC to the shop where you bought the RAM & test the replacement RAM there before you leave.

They told me to send it back or to go to the store. The is that i live far away.
I now messed around with BIOS settings and found 1333OC settings there, but i don't know in what i have to touch
Yeah, return it or come back to the store...or get a set of sticks that's on the memory list is where I'm at.

Hello, i need advise.

Will i notice a big difference with DDR 3 8GB or it's better to save the money for something else?

I think so too and my brother told me the same thing.

Do you think this one will work?

RAM DDR3 GSKILL F3-10600CL9S-4GBNT (1 x 4 GB - 1333 MHz - CL 9

I don't know. Is it on the list? Also, you want dual channel (two sticks) of RAM... otherwise, you'll go backward in performance (dual channel vs. single).

Cannot find it on the list. Yes. I know it have to be dual channel.
I will see.

Thanks everyone.

I will keep everyone posted

Hello everyone, i return the memory and today i received the reply from the shop.
It seams that it's damaged. So i will get the money back.
Thanks everyone for everything :)

Back