• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just ordered orange box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If it doesn't, you'd have to be a corpse.

Portal is worth the price of admission alone, and Ep2 is great! Make sure you join us for some Friday Night Fights in TF2 as well!

Sadly I'm on wireless internet, which doesn't do online FPS'ing well, I've been planning on buying a network cable for like a year, perhaps this'll push me into it, need a new HDD too.
Thought I'd set the lot going last night, all at 70ish %!!!

Sadly I'm on wireless internet, which doesn't do online FPS'ing well, I've been planning on buying a network cable for like a year, perhaps this'll push me into it, need a new HDD too.
Thought I'd set the lot going last night, all at 70ish %!!!

Dood, how big of a cable are we talking about? If you pay shipping I can send you a 50 footer I'm sure. PM me if you need it, but I bet that 50 feet of CAT5 would be cheaper locally then me shipping from Canada.

I know many people who play/did play on wireless btw. My friends didn't have problems, but every wireless connection is different.

About 15 metres, be cheaper to buy one, I'm just lazy.
Access point is more or less right underneath my PC so the signals a bit iffy, anyway, tend to get lag spikes, its ok on RTS's and the like, but FPS's cant handle it.

I'm in the same boat as you now, Domo. I went from a wired connection to a wireless because the new internet had to go to a different room for the wife's work office. I've only played TF2 once since that happened [Been occupied with HL2 and the episodes], and the lag I was getting nearly got me killed too many times. I'd hate to drill a couple holes in the floor just for a cat5, but it just may come to it If I can't get my wireless to step up to the challenge.

Oh, and Oni's right. There's a serious problem if you don't get your money's worth [and then some] outta the OB. Hell, I've been working on just the HL series for probably a month already and still have episode 2 left :)

I am going to have to agree with Oni on this one ;)

OB is such a huge value, so much fun packed into one, Orange colored Box... super sweet.

Done a bit past the airboat thingy so far, pretty cool, just need to find a good button for flash light now.
Just going to order a cable and plug it in for gaming, unplug it when I'm not using it, just waiting for credit card bill and I'll buy a new HDD too.

OP, if you've never played HL2 then you are in for a treat. I'm still amazed at how cheap the Orange Box is considering you get so many games. HL2 and the two episodes, and of course Portal will keep you entertained long enough until you get a network cable to play TF2.

Yeah I was a bit surprised, I'd have bought it early but thought it was just EP1 and Portal.

Back