• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

diamond 4870 3dmark problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

killuazaoldyeck

yes, my friend bought diamond 4870 yesterday to replace his nvidia video card,i dont know the exact model of the nvidia, problem is, he cannot open the 3dmark 05 & 06 and pcmark. cannot use also the rivatuner there is no settings to oc the video card. and everest cant read the temperature.

here's all what i did. uninstall the nvidia using add/remove then use the driver cleaner pro. uninstall the rivatuner, uninstall 3dmark and pcmark then restart, then shutdown to install the 4870 driver, after i installed it, check to everest for the video temperature, its all checked and its now showing, then reinstall the 3dmark. after reinstalling it i restart the rig. then open the 3dmark, and its not working. and the rivatuner? whe theres no settings to oc the video card? what do yo think is the problem?? any input? pls,. :rolleyes:

The 4870 is too new; last I checked both RivaTuner and ATI Tools don't support overclocking it yet. It's equally likely that Everest needs an update to read the new thermal sensors as well.

tnx for the reply! so how can he monitor, benchmark and overclock his 4870? what should he do to run the 3dmark & pcmark?

ATI drivers come with overclocking and temperature monitoring tools included. IAlso, I believe that the newest version GPU-Z has been updated to properly allow GPU thermal monitoring and logging.

Finally, somewhere out there is an ATI GPU overclock tool that can allow you to overclock further than the CCC portion of the drivers.

Set your speeds very easily with this tool(amdgpuclocktool-9.8). There was no problem obtaining 840/1100 on stock!

:thup:

Albuquerque:

ATI drivers come with overclocking and temperature monitoring tools included. IAlso, I believe that the newest version GPU-Z has been updated to properly allow GPU thermal monitoring and logging.

Finally, somewhere out there is an ATI GPU overclock tool that can allow you to overclock further than the CCC portion of the drivers.

where cn i download the new gpu-z and what version is the new?

chawks2:

Set your speeds very easily with this tool(amdgpuclocktool-9.8). There was no problem obtaining 840/1100 on stock!

tnx! ill try go try it right now!:soda:

so about the benchmarking? there is no chance for now to use the 3dmark or pcmark?

You'd have to punch in GPU-Z into Google to see what the newest one is and where to get it.

I didn't even see that he couldn't run 3DMark, my bad on the lack of reading comprehension :) You say he can't open it, but can you be more specific? Think about those of us who can't see his screen and can't talk to him, and all the questions you'd ask, like these:

Did he install it successfully? Is there an icon to click on? If he clicks the icon, does nothing happen? If something happens, what is it? Does it generate an error message? What's the error message? Can he get to the "main menu" but then something else goes wrong?

Get where I'm going? :) It's kinda like taking a car to the dealer and telling them "it makes a noise" -- well, yeah, but that doesn't help 'em solve it! :beer: At least they get the chance to drive it around, we only have a written description so we need a bit more help.

Give us some details and I bet we can get it figured out.

yes,. it was succesfully installed, then i tried it to myself, reinstall it again. same thing. heres the screenshot, actually after few seconds, you cannot take screenshot, computer is totally freeze, you cannot click anything even close the window. by pressing ctrl+alt delete, you can see the 3dmark is not responding. i took the screenshot very quick after opening the 3dmark, because after few second, like what i said computer already freeze, even screenshot wont work, just the mouse cursor is working and ctrl+alt delete. what do you think is the problem?

on the AMD GPU clock tool, thermal sensor doesnt show anything. only thing i can check the temp. is on the CCC.

3dmarkfailedcc3.jpg

I remember this problem. There is a directory in %windir%\<cant remember folder name>, which has 2 pesky dll files which cause 3dmark to hang. Once you rename the "%windir%\<pesky folder>", your issue will go away. Let me see if I can quickly find it in my notes.

If I'm not mistaken there was also a hotfix patch for 06 v1.1 which also resolves it, cleaner solution for you non-investigative types. :D:thup:

EDIT

Directory name=%WINDIR%\system32\Futuremark\MSC\

FutureMark link to the hotfix. Enjoy.

Last edited:
This is not a 4800 series problem, it is a 3DMARK issue which is fixed by the hotfix posted by Prime81 ^, simple as that.

tnx people!!!:santa: ill go check his rig on sunday night. im kinda busy dz weekends.:beer: ill just bump my post for the result. again tnx for all the input

problem solved!!:beer: tnx guys!! but any software for fan controller and to monitor the temperature? do i have to increase the voltage? btw. rivatuner is not working. 3dmark score is very low:confused: any tip tp oc the 4870?

bump^

can anyone help me to fan mods. like step by step? i dont know how to do it:bang head.

i already create profile but its now showing on the ace file. any help?

aticcccz5.jpg

hmm don't know what to say, i saved my profiles, then went in the path described and i was able to edit them each to my desired fan speed %.
are you sure when you select your username that you're going to local settings first and not application data, there is an application data folder inside the local settings one.

Back