• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX 9.0c Not Recognizing E7200 as XEON

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

louis3_tr3s

Registered
Hi, I am helping a friend with an issue and I can't to find an answer myself... See the DxDiag on his system is showing that he has a Xeon processor, when he has a E7200 (See Screenshots).

I told him that its not much of biggie, but its weird... Has anyone else encountered this??? Please let me know if there is a solution...

dxdiag.JPG

mycomp.JPG

Why does he care? dxdiag is obviously not detecting the processor correctly. It happens with many programs that analyze system components as hardware changes so quickly. Thats one of the reasons CPU-Z is updated as often as it is. It won't effect system/gaming performance at all.

Why does he care? dxdiag is obviously not detecting the processor correctly. It happens with many programs that analyze system components as hardware changes so quickly. Thats one of the reasons CPU-Z is updated as often as it is. It won't effect system/gaming performance at all.

Tell me about it. I told him that but he kept pushing, so I asked. Anyway, I'll get back to him.

Thanks guys!!!

Back