• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

post your best timings @800mhz.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi all, just wondering what other ppl can get with 800 mhz ram.
i'm running OCZ Reaper X 800mhz at 4-4-3-10 with 2.0v
under these huge (and sexy :santa:) heatsinks are Powerchip modules.

what everybody else running?
include:
chip name
kit size
voltage used for 24/7

Mine aren't 800mhz, they're 1000mhz. But at 800mhz they can do 3-3-3-8 all day long, 3-3-3-4 for bench.

Team Xtreem PC8000
Micron D9GMH
2x1gb
2.4v

Best timings/speed I've done is 1140mhz at 4-4-4-10.

Daily they run around 1000mhz at 4-4-4-10 on 2.25v :)

Also have some blue mushkin 2x1gg PC2 6400 kit, can do 3-4-3-10 on 800mhz at 2.2v. No idea what chips are on them, all they do is fold.

Last edited:
yeah, my Reaper X's are called 'enhanced bandwith edition' so maybe i can't get as good timings, but i can get higher mhz. haven't tried though.

hi all, just wondering what other ppl can get with 800 mhz ram.
i'm running OCZ Reaper X 800mhz at 4-4-3-10 with 2.0v
under these huge (and sexy :santa:) heatsinks are Powerchip modules.

what everybody else running?
include:
chip name
kit size
voltage used for 24/7

I think my best is in my sig: 4-4-3-5... also at 2.0v

Course they died on me after like a week or two... but the new ones are holding up (and actually... only one of them died.)

I still blame the dreaded Crucial Ballistix. Your first set always dies then they send you a set they KNOW is going to work forever.

But yeah... 4-4-3-5 is nothing to sneeze at.

EDIT: Just looked at my sig... apparently it's 2.1v ;)

rainless, it seems like it's just me, but i thought the 4th latency (forgot what it's called) should be the first 2 values + 2, and anything under that will decrease performance. but meh, i've never tried going lower, so what am i to know..

rainless, it seems like it's just me, but i thought the 4th latency (forgot what it's called) should be the first 2 values + 2, and anything under that will decrease performance. but meh, i've never tried going lower, so what am i to know..

Always TRY something. I'm not really big for grand theories. Mathematical equations don't mean a damned thing without real-world application.

What happens on that glorious day where some beautiful math theory can actually be tested on something... and is found wrong?

It's happened many... many times before. And the same thing happens every time: They take the awards back, the mathematician is ostracized from the community, goes completely insane, and eventually he winds up getting hit by a car/stage coach/chariot.

(You want a fascinating read, do a search for "Deaths of mathematicians".)

500x8-800mhz-6-5-5.jpg

I guess this would be 1600mhz and not 800mhz, but what the hell :)

chip name - D9GTR
kit size - 2gb
voltage used for 24/7 - 2v

-Collin-

^Great stuff Collin :thup:

I think my best is in my sig: 4-4-3-5... also at 2.0v

Course they died on me after like a week or two... but the new ones are holding up (and actually... only one of them died.)

I still blame the dreaded Crucial Ballistix. Your first set always dies then they send you a set they KNOW is going to work forever.

But yeah... 4-4-3-5 is nothing to sneeze at.

EDIT: Just looked at my sig... apparently it's 2.1v ;)

Hehe I wish I could say the same for my Ballistix RMA's :p

BTW, I thought Team Rainless was through with Ballistix :-/

Back