• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Build... v1.inf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stouticus

Registered
So just like most people, I'm "trying" to research and find the best first setup for my first rig.

The 100% yes items are:

- E8400
- Micro ATX MB, not sure which yet
- 4Gb Corsair 1066
- 500Gb WD HDD
- Lite-On Drive

This is where I get caught up at...

I'm basing my design off of this. Just not AMD
AMD Jap PC

I'm planning on using this case but I don't know what I want to use for cooling purposes. I know from looking that a Thermalright HS would fit, and from studying that they work well. I'd put two 110 CFM Sythe fans on it to really cool it down.

As for video, I'm also going to be chanign that to Nvidia, due to drivers, and ATI's lack of them. Im looking at the XFX 9800 Gtx. I can only run one card, and well... that card kicks major @$$ :) It is at the moment, as I understand, the best bang for the least amount of heat output. But that's why I'm here to get told otherwise.

I also want to put two Scythe fans in the front of the case to replace the stock ones, which im sure are nice. :p

So now I ask, what would your solution be for allowing the best airflow, with the Antec P180 Mini Case.

Here are links for all the items.

XFX 9800GTX

Scythe 120mm Slipstream

Antec P180 Mini

Thermalright 120 Extreme TRUE Black Heatsink

Back