• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dv5z review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jacobman

Ive had a little while to tinker with this laptop a bit and i must say i really like it. This is my first laptop so i have nothing to compare it to but build quality seems pretty good for a HP consumer laptop. I bought the base model but upgraded the screen to the 1680x1050 which is absolutely stellar, also the high capacity 6cell battery which in power saver mode i get 2 1/2 hours with. It came with vista home premium which i do like now, idling it takes up 600-700mb of ram, i have 2 gigs so its pretty smooth. I get ~1200 points in 3dmark06 which is pretty good for a integrated card, it is the HD 3200. So for light gaming it does a good job, i can play BF2, W3, and steam based games all fairly well. Like i said before the screen is amazing, i didn't get the glossy one because through what ive seen they tend to reflect a lot of light especially when your outside. Overall the laptop is aesthetically pleasing, it has a cool glossy/black theme. I got this all for $655 at HP online.

249016.jpg

249017.jpg

249018.jpg

249019.jpg

249020.jpg

ive been thinking about getting a laptop for a while now. Ive looked at several dell's but they are pretty high priced. All i really want to use it for is for casual gaming (so i dont need to lug my rig to my friends house). Mostly bf2, cnc generals, counterstrike etc. That seems like a good deal.

How much hd space you got in it? and is it 17" / 15"?

Back