• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New X-Fi Drivers Available!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Whisky

well seeing as its been 4 and a half months since the last update, i guess the
good folks at creative decided to grace us with another package. i hope this one
is better than all the rest...i find myself saying that with every release, but it is
nice to see them releasing drivers and betas on a monthly basis rather than
once every year or more. now its time to swarm the creative support site and get a copy :)

Added Features:

--Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).

--DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player software

Fixes:

--Resolves issue of system crash when switching to an unsupported sampling rate in Audio Creation Mode while Dolby Digital Live is enabled.

OMG!! About freaking time, ive been using my SB with half *** drivers for 3 months now lol.

Creative driver support is terrible for x64. Might be the last time i buy a SB.

Did they fix the 3DMSS? 2 months and they only fix 3 things?

im not sure about the 3dmss. the really "big" improvement was just the dolby and dts decoding for vista. im on xp so i already had those features and so far, the drivers havent given me any problems in the 2 days ive run them...which is a record seeing as the only drivers that have ever worked without problem were the default from the cd. every other driver has dumped on me with problems within the first day

do the 3d party xfi cards use the creative drivers?

do any other company's cards offer the features that the creatives do? creative has the in with the game makers, and that is what has stopped me from venturing away from creative labs...

i will be downloading the new drivers when i get home...fingers crossed...

yes, the auzentech cards use a modified driver and much of the same software as the xfis but are much better with none of the common problems xfi cards experience. i know that the asus xonar cards have very similar software features and support 7.1 and dolby/dts en/decoding and even manage to offer eax though its only version 2.0. the auzentech cards on the other hand offer even more with eax 5.0, 7.1, and just about every option that the xfi cards do including the (useless?) x-ram, but have optical out in the back as well and come with a slightly bigger pricetag

Ive only been using the drivers for a day now on x64... but so far, they fixed the 3DMSS issue and the panel works the same as in XP32.

Creative makes great hardware but their drivers suck big time. I cant belive it took them so long to get everything together for x64.

My X-Fi Xgamer Fatal1ty is about 1 year old...

well scratch any good luck i may have been having. sometime between the time i got home from work and now, my sound managed to go out and now i just get static and those wonderful clicks:mad:...when will creative pull their heads out and make these things work properly??? but i guess this is the "twice shame on me" part as i should have known better.:rolleyes:

Added Features:

--Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).

i take it this is not Dolby Digital Live? gah i would KILL for DDL or DTS connect on my xfi xtrememusic... and it can be done its all drivers.

i do know that the beta drivers released not long ago before these new ones were HORRIBLE... BF2 DiRT and GRID all would crash and whatnot due to them.

it would be nice to have ddl as well and with these drivers, my xtrememusic is suckin the big one. from wat i can tell now, theres no difference from the beta that i was just using. im considering reverting back to the cd drivers although they have crap game support, i might just trade that for no static and screeching

if they don't mod the drivers at all, why are the azuntech cards rumored to work better than the creative x-fi's?

Back