• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tankguys closed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ratbuddy

Went to see if they had any early E8600's and a domain squatter has the site. Any word?

Went to see if they had any early E8600's and a domain squatter has the site. Any word?

I'm getting the same thing, ratbuddy.:confused:

I just sent him a PM here about this issue; hopefully he will respond to it.

EDIT2: Looks like he got himself a .com address now instead of a .biz address for his website, ratbuddy. Try here instead.

Last edited:
For those of you it works for, what does nslookup say? It's telling me 69.64.155.131. This is through Comcast. Samspade.org gives the same result.

Yep, for www.tankguys.com that is the same IP I got with Neotrace. With www.tankguys.biz I get 69.64.155.131 (this is the old web address for Tankguys which evidently a domain squatter has now).

Dunno I just googled tankguys :) The first .com result is way at the bottom of the page.

The jerks behind it seem to be http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/NuSeek.com/summary/

The .biz domain:
Domain Registration Date: Thu Aug 04 14: 56: 56 GMT 2005
Domain Expiration Date: Sun Aug 03 23: 59: 59 GMT 2008
Domain Last Updated Date: Mon Aug 04 14: 56: 47 GMT 2008

To clear any remaining confusion, I've never known it was tankguys.com, I always just typed it in google and went to the first link, tankguys.biz. That's the one that's being squatted now.

I think what happened here is rat has never gone to tankguys.com, as he said, he just googles it and clicks the first link, which was tankguys.biz

I guess they had both domains and the .biz just routed to the .com, for some reason they must not renewed the .biz address.

I think what happened here is rat has never gone to tankguys.com, as he said, he just googles it and clicks the first link, which was tankguys.biz

I think I just said that :beer:

Oh, we're still open, but I'll be transferring domain registrars today. This is the *second* time they have expired the domain, even though auto renew was turned on, without notifying me at all - and now want to charge an outrageous "domain restoration fee".

Granted, I should have kept track on my own too, but still. Very frustrating. Also, our SSL cert is acting up right now, I'm working on it ;)

Busy day, what can I say :D

Back