• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone using a Jetway HA04 or other 790fx/600sb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

v3rax714

I am going to be building my very first AMD system is over 6 years next week. I ordered the JetWay HA04-Extreme motherbaord and Phenom 9600 BE from Newegg.

Does anyone have this motherboard that might be able to give me some tips or advice about things with it?

I plan to run 2 HD 4850's in xfire and 2 Raptors in RAID 0.

Since it has been quite some timne since I built an AMD system, could someone point me to any guides that might help me with this build?

Thanks

BEst thing you can do right away, is cancel the ordere for the mobo and order a SB750 instead...

The Foxconn 790FX/SB750 is avaialable at Newegg at the moment, its the 1st 790FX/SB750 to come available...

SB750 will provide greater system stability and overclock potential for the 9600BE.... particularly the B2 series of Phenom that the 9600BE is....

Other than that sounds like a rally good system you got planned...

I have 2 x 4850's in Crossfire on a ASUS M3A32-MVP 790FX/SB600 mobo and Phenom 9850BE @ 2.Ghz and it gives really solid performance.... though I'll be happier when I can gt a 790FX/SB750 mobo to take the Phenom to 3.0Ghz+ (hoping for about 3.2Ghz to equal the clock speed of the stock X2 6400+ the 9850BE replaced)

PS: you'll also want to invest in a really good aftermarket HSF to keep temps down, especially with the 4850's in Crossfire as they put out a LOT of heat that is dumped into the case.... you might want to google 4850 fanspeed hotfix and use that method to cool them down a bit as well.... I have my rans running at 50%...

Best wishes

Back