• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OpenGL with Mandrake 8.1 Doesn't Work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

I installed Mandrake 8.1 in my computer (see sig below). I then installed the latest NVIDIA drivers for my distribution using the RPM method. The installation indicated success for both the kernel and GL.

However, 3D functions using Open GL don't work. Any suggestions?

I'm a Newbie so please be specific!

Have you checked your XF86Config-4 file? It should be at /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. You will need to uncomment the load GLX line and make sure the driver section for your video card reads nvidia rather than the default xf86 nv. for more information, please read nvidia linux readme

Hi guys, a few months ago I posted I'd bought the Mandrake bundle, planned to be a presence here. Obviously I haven't been. Just thought I'd let you know I'm still around.

I can't offer any insight to your specific problem, Jimmy, but srimmer's idea sure seems like a reasonable thing to check!

I can't express how good it makes me feel to be able to come here and even just to lurk.

I'll butt back out now, I really can't contribute much more than my gratitude at this point.
-Taylor

srimmer said:
Glad to hear you got it working. I fully understand how aggravating linux can be, but I've found the more I use it, the more I like it.

I find that when linux works I have nothing to do :D
I spent my first 2 months of linux trying to make it work lol

I find that when linux works I have nothing to do
I spent my first 2 months of linux trying to make it work lol

Don't say that the wifes Upset now saying I spend to much time on that D@** computer. LOL:D

Just shoot said:

Don't say that the wifes Upset now saying I spend to much time on that D@** computer. LOL:D

My parents are like that lol :D

Back