• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World in Conflict (continued)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Hey! I thought this was supposed to be a SHORT GAME. What? Was that "relatively speaking" or something?

I've been playing this game since last Thanksgiving and STILL haven't beaten it.

Granted... I like taking my time going through games... and this is a particularly beautiful game to take your time with.. but I'm certain that I've played this more than I played Crysis (which I bought 2 weeks after thanksgiving and didn't open until Christmas) and I finished Crysis a month a go.

I played both of them more or less the same way: Just a level or two a week. I was somehow able to steam through the rest of Crysis in a day, but WIC just keeps chugging on.

This is probably the most beautifully directed (what's with all the military aircraft in Chicago today? I'll have to ask TommyHolly about that) strategy game that will ever be. I can understand how maybe it isn't "hardcore" enough for some people, but it's really a throwback and an homage to games like Panzer General (if you can remember back THAT far).

It's a beautifully written story that's well told. The selection of music and artistic direction are all top notch. I'd really love to get a bunch of people into this and take the fight online (even though online multiplayer is kinda tricky... but at least they're constantly working on it.)

Approaching Seattle... it can't be much longer now. :)

I'm stuck on the damn mission with the radio station :/

Radio station? What is that towards the beginning or something? Is it in Europe or the U.S.?

The only place I really got "stuck" was where you had to keep bombarding the ground with artillery from a ship, while holding capture points on land. That was as frustrating as all hell, but I haven't hit much of a hiccup since then...

I think its the mission after the bridge , you save the one guy in the tank at the gas station, then the radio station needs to be protected, then artillery comes in...

Its maybe the 4-5th mission.

Back